Discuss how secure service panel riser behind stucco? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

KipDuff

DIY
Reaction score
I'm upgrading my old 100A panel to 200A solar ready, semi flush, overhead. Panel is Square D SC2040M200PF (see brochure and technical drawing). I have a 280 page PDF from the utility describing service entry requirements, and I found a pretty good drawing. But a couple things aren't clear about how the rigid riser is supposed to be secured. I have attached their drawing and a detail section of their drawing. Also a drawing by me of how I imagine one acceptable setup might be.

1) attach sections of wood 2 X 4s ("double up stud"?) on the stud of various thickness to fill in gap between stud and riser- then secure the riser laterally with long ⅜ u-bolts going thru the wood spacers and the stud (see my drawing)?

2) In the detail utility drawing, I'm not getting the arrangement of the highlighted items "straps on plates", "plates", and "⅜" u-bolts".

The technical people I've talked to are giving widely varying info. Am I on the wrong path here? Any advice appreciated. The drawing I made is the best interpretation that I can come up with at this point.

Thanks, Kip......

Attachments

• install details front 1 by me.pdf
    806 KB · Views: 2
  • SC2040M200PF technical drawing.pdf
    120.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Electrical Service Requirements SCE 2022 10 figure 2-5 p59 risers support detail.pdf
    962.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Electrical Service Requirements SCE 2022 10 figure 2-5 p59 risers.pdf
    263.6 KB · Views: 1
  • SC2040M200PF brochure.pdf
    762.2 KB · Views: 1

Reply to how secure service panel riser behind stucco? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net