Discuss how the trade has fallen in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I thought this EICR was supposed to have been done last year or so?
Probably the guy has heard of who lives there, then bottles out just as he's reaching for the doorbell.

i'd love to do the periodic at tonys though.

being the big shot engineer he is you just know his house wiring will be a shambles lol.

i'd fail his --- so fast he wouldnt have time to even flash his IET club card........

;-)

The customer from hell, ME!

Monday a poor schmuck came to change a smoke detector.
He just turned off the RCBO and got on with the job. Once he’d removed the old unit I proceeded to give a lecture on the inadequacies of SP RCBO’s and the need for safe isolation.
For some strange reason he nearly ran from the house.

I can’t wait for the next idiot that comes to do the EICR. Looks like that will be next year now so I’ve got to be patient.

Before anyone says anything I still haven’t got around to getting rid of the RCBO’s.
just for you tony i would pull the main fuse then fit a 100a rotary isolator XD

Reply to how the trade has fallen in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
A friend wanted me to do a side job for her. She wanted some light switches swapped for chrome ones. I said well bit back logged with work at...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am the wife of an electrician feeling absolutely gutted. We have had a complaint from a customer who is seeking a £500 refund for a consumer...
Replies
Views
Hello. Just a lowly homeowner here who is beginning to panic after a major house renovation regarding relocation of the main supply cable to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock