Discuss how the trade has fallen in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So you have the "main body of the gland" with it's threaded bit that sticks into the enclosure. Then you have the banjo and a nut.
How the hell is the banjo not in contact with the body of the gland

I did try explaing this concept to him but he was adamant i was wrong saying that if the nut came loose then the banjo continuity would suffer. I pointed out this would be the case whether the banjo was outside or inside but it was only when guidance note 8 came out of my van that he backed down.

Hahaha, this really did make me laugh.

Whoever this end of a bell is definitley deserves an 'RKO outta nowhere'

P.S I don't expect the senior members to understand this :)

so there you are , been wondering when i'd bump into you following my return to the forum.

you'll be pleased to hear i've saved up all the abuse you should have got while i've been away ;-D

I did try explaing this concept to him but he was adamant i was wrong saying that if the nut came loose then the banjo continuity would suffer. I pointed out this would be the case whether the banjo was outside or inside but it was only when guidance note 8 came out of my van that he backed down.

Another rule that applies 95% of the time is " Although the customer has a far superior knowledge of electrical installation and associated science the only reason You are doing the job is because You Can and He Can't! "

so there you are , been wondering when i'd bump into you following my return to the forum.

you'll be pleased to hear i've saved up all the abuse you should have got while i've been away ;-D

Haha, I've only just come back, i've not been on in ages either.

If we've both come back at the same time, theirs obviously some sort of 6th sense .... are we related ?

Another rule that applies 95% of the time is " Although the customer has a far superior knowledge of electrical installation and associated science the only reason You are doing the job is because You Can and He Can't! "
I once had a customer trying to tell me my job,so I left the tools in his house and went and sat in my van,after about 20 minutes he came to see what was happening,I politely explained that as his knowledge was obviously superior to mine the only reason I could think of as to why he'd rang me was he must have had his tools pinched,and being the nice guy I was he was welcome to use mine and do the job himself.After a bit of dithering he appologised and promised to leave me alone while I completed the job.

I once had a customer trying to tell me my job,so I left the tools in his house and went and sat in my van,after about 20 minutes he came to see what was happening,I politely explained that as his knowledge was obviously superior to mine the only reason I could think of as to why he'd rang me was he must have had his tools pinched,and being the nice guy I was he was welcome to use mine and do the job himself.After a bit of dithering he appologised and promised to leave me alone while I completed the job.

That takes some neck but FairPlay to you!

I like that Phil, that's the way to handle them kind, I just hate that.!!

not really,it was quite funny actually,the guy was trying to make up by offering me tea and coffee but I only drink pop,he was frantically running around trying to find some.

You had him in your pocket by that stage he was working for you ffs,

Personally i would have let you sit in the van lol

...Like it,this reminded me of a job i did a long time ago,mate of mine put a fella on to me who had a factory processing plastic waste,a crop and bale machine had failed,and was stalling the process,anywho,i got there,stripped off all the panels,had a play,found two faults,one by testing,one by luck,just guessing what had been tried to overcome first,owner at me shoulder,is elated,then,starts back tracking on any cost,as i had only been their 30 mins. His argument went along the lines of,if i pay you x,it makes your hourly rate x times t,"and i'm not paying that to anyone...!" So,i asked if he was "adamant",and he said he was,and went off to the office whilst i boxed up.I left,and waited for the call..."hey,mate,you left without seeing me,and that machine is back to square-one"...i explained that was correct,save one of us wasting two hours,and the other learning about manners...I was CERTAIN that i would not be altering the machine a third time,so when i visited my mate who had set-up this gimcrack excursion,to collect my money,he asked when i would be returning to rectify things,i handed him a detailed description of problem,which went down lovely! ....and not very long afterwards,this "special customer" had other worries,so i was informed,due to his fondness of "party-products" ...yin & yang satisfied :bobby:

The customer from hell, ME!

Monday a poor schmuck came to change a smoke detector.
He just turned off the RCBO and got on with the job. Once he’d removed the old unit I proceeded to give a lecture on the inadequacies of SP RCBO’s and the need for safe isolation.
For some strange reason he nearly ran from the house.

I can’t wait for the next idiot that comes to do the EICR. Looks like that will be next year now so I’ve got to be patient.

Before anyone says anything I still haven’t got around to getting rid of the RCBO’s.

Reply to how the trade has fallen in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net