Discuss How to estimate loads for electrical application (UKPN) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkystu27

Hi,

I am dealing with alot of applications to UKPN. What would be the best way of estimating loads for this application. Am i right in thinking that for an office environment, going by the BISRA rules of thumb:

Lighting 12w/m
Power 15w/m
Heating 70w/m
Cooling 125w/m

multiplied by the floor area.

Is the standard method of estimating?

Reply to How to estimate loads for electrical application (UKPN) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, I am currently in the process of estimating the electrical demand for a new construction development that will consist of an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, long time member but not many posts to my name. I would appreciate advice and opinions on a job I have been asked to do for a friend of a...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
Hi Just getting started with a view to DIY electrics on my house extension in a few months time, and ideally would like to map out the current...
Replies
Views
As there are so many “different ways to skin a cat” in our industry, I thought I would post the below to see if anyone has anything they would...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I'm brand new to the forum, so please go easy on me! :-) I'm building a large extension, which includes a new en-suite bathroom. I...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock