Discuss I can now do a junction "box" mf in 20 secs, switch loop and feed in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

The Ghost

So, although as you know, I am not a tool tart I have invested in this little time saver. As you can see from the piccy you have two splitters and two switch JB and stripper (up to 2.5mm² T&E) but the jb only take 1mm/1.5mm². This is a wise investment not just a tool for a week and then gets left somewhere. Remember a tool is for life not just christmas.I can now do a junction "box" mf in 20 secs, switch loop and feed IMG_3849.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

So, although as you know, I am not a tool tart I have invested in this little time saver. As you can see from the piccy you have two splitters and two switch JB and stripper (up to 2.5mm² T&E) but the jb only take 1mm/1.5mm². This is a wise investment not just a tool for a week and then gets left somewhere. Remember a tool is for life not just christmas.View attachment 42452

I looked at those a while back. Would appreciate a review when you've had a chance to use them.

Edit:- Just to add, I like the look of them because of their small size. Useful for when a client wants a ceiling rose replacing with a fancy lamp. Currently use a Wagobox or a Click lighting connector, but they need a big hole to get them into the ceiling void. The QuickWire looks quite a bit smaller, making it an easier task.

just watched their video. looks good. onlything is you can't use them for flex( e.g. with downlights).

A small word of caution; I have just used one, tried it out and once they are closed you can't open them without a tool and they do not include on in the "starter" set. The strippers are Jokari and they do spare blades for them. What I do like is you can put them through a much smaller opening than a wago. Wagos' begone haha. Nah I will still use them. But mf has got to be good.

Aha just cracked how to undo them once you have clicked them in. Pull out the coloured clips at both sides.

Notionally £4.00 but negotiable in numbers. But say if I do 10 lights the "old" way in the ceiling rose loop in loop out etc. say 10 mins per. 1 hour and 40 mins. Labour £58.00 say 2 mins per quickwire x 10 20 mins Labour £12. I think it may work cost wise if I buy in numbers. Marginal I agree but...mmm I am weighing it up at the moment. Just when I had mastered getting the rose to look perfect wiring wise!

I got the starter set too, just for the tool as it was the cheapest I could find on the web.
The joints I really do not see any use for in my day to day work. I can't see a solution they provide that wiring forethought cannot.

You should get a clip that is used to release the device once engaged.

Well surely if used correctly I am thinking it will save a lot of cable and laying the cable? As you can truncate the whole ceiling rose wiring at the perimeter of a room and run one cable. Using the splitter you can wire up a number of lights in one room as well. It may also be of use in adding lights. I have a job coming up and rather than run a number of cables I can junction this at the point of origin and just run the load cables straight to the lights. Anyway early days will just have to see how it works in practice.

I can see the benefits in some situations. I am saving my samples for when you get those crappy bathroom fittings that are unsuitable for looping into, so I can put existing wiring into that then bring one cable to the light.
Don't think I would use them on new jobs as I don't like to put in any junctions, MF or otherwise, on a new job.
Can't see the material savings yet when 4-5 boxes will cost the same as 100m of 1mm twin cable.

My achy wrists are loving the jokari tool though..... breeze on a full rewire second fix.

You should get a clip that is used to release the device once engaged
I did email them about this, the reply is below verbatim.

I'm very sorry, every starter kit should usually come with one as standard! I will have to chat to the guys in dispatch and see what happened. I'll send you one first thing Tuesday and I'll put in an extra switch and load free of charge to say sorry!

Can't see the material savings yet when 4-5 boxes will cost the same as 100m of 1mm twin cable.
Good point, I think my point was time saving in laying in cable, although as you know statutes/regs require us to use the least materials in an installation. You know its green and sustainable and so on.

I did email them about this, the reply is below verbatim.

I'm very sorry, every starter kit should usually come with one as standard! I will have to chat to the guys in dispatch and see what happened. I'll send you one first thing Tuesday and I'll put in an extra switch and load free of charge to say sorry!

They are good guys, I asked for all switch and loads in my kit instead of the splitters and it was no problem for them.

Good point, I think my point was time saving in laying in cable, although as you know statutes/regs require us to use the least materials in an installation. You know its green and sustainable and so on.

I'd say the materials and energy put into manufacturing the boxes required on any job would be more than the length of cable they replaced.

In their defence the product is top notch. Really well thought out and designed, and the production quality is excellent.

I think the real innovation is the cable connection and clamp system. So much better than anything on the market currently.

I honestly can't see where I would use them. Even if I got called out to change a 3 plated pendant to a decorative light as the switch cable goes into the opposite end to the feed so there probably wouldn't be enough slack on the cables to terminate it anyway.

The idea is great though.

So, although as you know, I am not a tool tart I have invested in this little time saver. As you can see from the piccy you have two splitters and two switch JB and stripper (up to 2.5mm² T&E) but the jb only take 1mm/1.5mm². This is a wise investment not just a tool for a week and then gets left somewhere. Remember a tool is for life not just christmas.View attachment 42452
Vort, there can only be room for one tool tart on this forum.

Reply to I can now do a junction "box" mf in 20 secs, switch loop and feed in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock