Discuss I want Smart Soffit Lights. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi

I have outside lights in my soffit which is controlled via this timer you push the legs up of it to come on or off at which ever time you put in,

I want to make this smarter to fit in to the whole smart home genre,

I want to be able to control this on and off with either Smartthings or RF (which in turn i can control via Alexa / Google)

So i can turn off when ever i like rather than constantly programming the timer.

What will i need to have this do what i want.

(no i am not an electrician nor a joiner although the wife think’s i am all these magical people all in one) LOL

I will get a professional in to do it, just want to find out whats involved.

Thanks

I want Smart Soffit Lights. IMG_0638 - EletriciansForums.net

Timeguard do a switched fused spur which is Wifi enabled ..... this may do the trick ...........however I doubt it will connect to a 3rd party application ......... so I suggest you get somebody local to check it out properly

Just did a quick Google and this came up. See if its what you want/need. There are quite a few things out there.

The OP will need to ensure there is a Neutral at the switch position.

According to the OP "I will get a professional in to do it." so its down to him/her.

OP: As @Pete999 has pointed out, the switch I have posted does need a neutral. Have a work with the electrician who will be installing the switch before you buy one. They can check what wires you have.

There must be a neutral present for timeclock to work.

TPLink do a 13A socket adaptor that can be controlled directly from Alexa, no wifi hub required. They don't do a lightswitch version yet, which is strange.

Stick a link up for the OP @littlespark .

Smart lights:
I want Smart Soffit Lights. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Smart lights:
I want Smart Soffit Lights. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Not quite sure what that advert is implying... It looks like its saying "This car is ideal for driving on the pavement...."

Reply to I want Smart Soffit Lights. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock