• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss IET membership - ECS fast track in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Zdb

0.00000000000000001Ω
Has anyone signed up for IET membership via the ECS fast track route?

Fast Track your Application - https://www.theiet.org/membership/becoming-a-member/join-the-iet/miet-and-tmiet-membership/fast-track-your-application-with-your-ecs-card/

I am trying but can't make heads or tails out of their website. Apparently you should be able to put your ECS card number in somewhere to save a load of time but I can't for the life of me find the correct page to do that.

Just wondered if theres's anyone on here that's done it recently that could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Has anyone signed up for IET membership via the ECS fast track route?

Fast Track your Application - https://www.theiet.org/membership/becoming-a-member/join-the-iet/miet-and-tmiet-membership/fast-track-your-application-with-your-ecs-card/

I am trying but can't make heads or tails out of their website. Apparently you should be able to put your ECS card number in somewhere to save a load of time but I can't for the life of me find the correct page to do that.

Just wondered if theres's anyone on here that's done it recently that could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
I never had an ECS card, and I was a member, until I stopped paying them for nothing.

westward10

In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream.
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Been a Member for twenty odd years. Do you meet their entry requirements because it is not straight forward.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Been a Member for twenty odd years. Do you meet their entry requirements because it is not straight forward.
I,e, have you paid the fee.

Diver233

Fire alarms
No one forces anyone to be part of any scheme.
We all have our hoops to jump through, it’s just how it is.
Maybe the end customer thinks the same, why should I pay a spark £100 to do a job when the man down the road will do it for £30.
A lot of the schemes people criticise yet most do not actually look at what you can get out of it if you use it all.

anthonybragg

Electrician's Arms
Apart from the existing NICEIC Approved Contractors scheme all these other schemes came about s that electrical contractors did not have to get the LBC involved when doing work under Part P.

Zdb

0.00000000000000001Ω
I'm only going for TMIET status. I think I meet the requirements with my current qualifications and experience. I was an NICEIC QS for a few years up until last September.

Diver233

Fire alarms
Apart from the existing NICEIC Approved Contractors scheme all these other schemes came about s that electrical contractors did not have to get the LBC involved when doing work under Part P.

What !!

Really, so the ECA for instance that have been in existence since 1901 was because part P came in ?.

NSI started around 1979

NICEIC 1956

IEE Started 1884

So which on you about

What actually happened was all these bodies developed to give us all a choice where we wanted approval from. Otherwise if you had only one choice it would be a monopoly.

essex

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Joining the IET is even easier and cheaper than joining any of the schemes.

All you need is:

• CV with at least two years at QS or management etc.
  • £165
The whole thing is a nonsense but still holds weight in some circles.

essex

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I'm only going for TMIET status. I think I meet the requirements with my current qualifications and experience. I was an NICEIC QS for a few years up until last September.
You will be fine.

essex

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
The only ECS (incorrectly named ESC on their website) card they except is the Platinum Card.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.