Discuss In-line shower problems in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

ronbrown

Hi all, having problems with my new in-line shower fan. At the moment there is a T+E feed coming into a 3 ampFCU with a T+E going to a pullcord switch. From there is a 3 core+E going to the fan. At the pullcord the Live is going into the com along with the brown of the 3 core. the Neutral is connected in a choc bloc to the grey of the 3 core, and the black of the 3 core is in L1. At the fan the brown goes in the perm live, grey to neutral and black to s/l. When fan is switched on there is power at the fan but it does not come on, any suggestions?

is this a low voltage Fan? where you getting the power from for the spur? if it a 4" fan make the the cover is in properly can be bad if the wall not flush to make sure the magnetic contacts meet

Hi all, having problems with my new in-line shower fan. At the moment there is a T+E feed coming into a 3 ampFCU with a T+E going to a pullcord switch. From there is a 3 core+E going to the fan. At the pullcord the Live is going into the com along with the brown of the 3 core. the Neutral is connected in a choc bloc to the grey of the 3 core, and the black of the 3 core is in L1. At the fan the brown goes in the perm live, grey to neutral and black to s/l. When fan is switched on there is power at the fan but it does not come on, any suggestions?

Is there power on the permenant live when the light is switched off? When you say there is power at the fan when the switch is on is there power on the permanent live and the switched live?

No there is no noise at all from the fan. I've tried moving the propeller whilst it's switched on but it does nothing. Is the wiring method I used correct?

Reply to In-line shower problems in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock