Discuss Indesit drier fault F04- help required in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

baldelectrician

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All
I have an Indesit drier and it has a fault
It is a IDCE8540BH(uk)

It has come up with a F04 code

I have taken the back off and checked the stats
Both cut out thermostats have continuity, there is a thermistor - this is where I need help

What should be the reading across the thermistor?

Is there a reset possible - I really need an engineer manual

Ta for the help in advance

Depending on the type of thermistor, the resistance will rise or fall if you apply heat with a hair dryer.

Look at the value and measure it. It should be around that at ambient for a NTC type.

A PTC type should be low and rise when heated.

Hi All
I have an Indesit drier and it has a fault
It is a IDCE8540BH(uk)

It has come up with a F04 code

I have taken the back off and checked the stats
Both cut out thermostats have continuity, there is a thermistor - this is where I need help

What should be the reading across the thermistor?

Is there a reset possible - I really need an engineer manual

Ta for the help in advance

Hello baldelectrician,

If You would like to join the UK White Goods Forum I think that you will find that the Members are almost all `White Goods Repair Engineers`.

Here is a Link:

UK Whitegoods • Domestic Appliance Forum - http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forumsphpbb3/

You should be able to get advice on almost any type of Domestic `White Goods` Appliance on there.

If You do ask your questions on there please let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Chris

Reply to Indesit drier fault F04- help required in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net