Discuss Indesit tumble dryer IDC8T3B wire has come loose - heater does not work in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi ... I've made a silly mistake by not taking pics of wiring before starting a tumble dryer belt change. I hope someone can assist.

I changed the drum belt on my Indesit condenser dryer IDC8T3B, but the heater did not come on and I noticed a loose orange wire next to the controller. The drum rotates fine. Heating element was fine before belt change and upon checking heater continuity all seems fine there. Elements heat up when tested.

A thick orange wire (photo) has come loose from dryer controller box - where does it go? Two options, 1. same connection as the grey wire in the middle of controller (separate pin available that is connected to grey wire), or 2. separate connection behind the red wire at the bottom.

Lesson learnt the hard way. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IDC8T3B controller.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 21
3rd connection from the top seems to be the likely place it came from, it is the only spade terminal i can see that has nothing connected to it.

Thanks James. There is another spare connector behind the red wire at the bottom that you probably cannot see in the photo (hard to get all in one photo) and hence the question. As the orange wire easily reaches the 3rd connection from the top I tried it and the heater came on and everything seemed to work okay but I did not want to risk a fire just in case it's not the right one.

Thanks James. There is another spare connector behind the red wire at the bottom that you probably cannot see in the photo (hard to get all in one photo) and hence the question. As the orange wire easily reaches the 3rd connection from the top I tried it and the heater came on and everything seemed to work okay but I did not want to risk a fire just in case it's not the right.

Attachments

• IMG-20230216-WA0001.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for pointing that out.
can you see any scores on it where a cable has been pushed on before?

Also it might be worth just giving the terminal a gentle squeeze with some pliers - it sounds like it might have been a bit loose, and you don't want a poor connection.

No score marks on any of the free pins indicating that the connector must have been loose in the first place.
I think I have found the right wiring diagram ... courtesy of Dave (aka electrofix) on the whitegoods forum so giving it a go.

Many thanks for those who responded. Appreciate the support.

Attachments

• timer control box.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image_Indesit dryer 1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Indesit tumble dryer IDC8T3B wire has come loose - heater does not work in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net