Discuss Initial steps to bring power onto property. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey all. First post. Looking for friendle assistance. Building our own home. Getting power brought onto the property. Getting ready to purchase service wire and conduit so we can bury the run underground and under driveway. What size conduit? Schedule 40 2"? Wanting 200 amp service. What wire?

Hey all. First post. Looking for friendle assistance. Building our own home. Getting power brought onto the property. Getting ready to purchase service wire and conduit so we can bury the run underground and under driveway. What size conduit? Schedule 40 2"? Wanting 200 amp service. What wire?
You actually have 2 options with one is purchase 3 conductor 2/0 copper wire which is approved for direct burial wire and no conduit is required except where it comes out of the ground to the meter base. Choice # 2 is 2 inch PVC Schedule 40 conduit and pull two 2/0 and one 1/0 copper wire for your neutral. Good luck

Reply to Initial steps to bring power onto property. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I recently purchased a rural property in Arizona. The property receives power from APS, the local electric utility. Power arrives from the...
Replies
Views
hello. i need to run power to a cabin that is 350 feet from the service pole in our driveway. the problem is voltage drop. the service pole is 150...
Replies
Views
Hello. Just a lowly homeowner here who is beginning to panic after a major house renovation regarding relocation of the main supply cable to the...
Replies
Views
This is my first post... I am not an electrician and I am trying to build a house in the Hudson Valley. The quote for 200 amp underground wire IN...
Replies
Views
I thought that I posted this in the DIY part of the forum but I believe I did not. I am sorry about that. I put in a 10' x 20' metal shed about...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock