Discuss Installation wrong can NICEIC do anything? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Daveyboy

Hi guys, a long story short. I've been asked about an install on a large new build block of flats that were built 6 years ago, after which the electrical contractor went bust.
Months ago one of the flats had a PIR done and it turns out things aren't to good e.g 3 final ring circuits mixed up & in another flat when the socket circuit mcb was switched off, the sockets still worked etc etc.
So the main building contractor has asked me to get involve as its a H&S issue.
My big question is even though the contractor is long gone, can or should the NICEIC do anything as they were the governing body?
Or is this another sad story of our failing industry? (not to sad i've got work coming my way).
Thanks.

I would have thought the niceic would not be interested, although if the firm were a niceic firm at the time of the installation there may be some recourse through the niceic insurance scheme but i wouldn't hold my breath. First stop the niceic. Good luck and keep us posted!

I would say you’ve as much chance as a snowball in hell. At the outset it’s not your problem, it’s down to the landlord company to sort out.

From what you’ve said it sound like you’re going to have your work cut out for you for a while.

I would say you’ve as much chance as a snowball in hell. At the outset it’s not your problem, it’s down to the landlord company to sort out.

From what you’ve said it sound like you’re going to have your work cut out for you for a while.

As Tony says NIC only interested if they can charge you for it twice and then sell it back to you. In my humble opinion

Bizzarely it may well turn out to be quicker and cheaper to just start again!

Maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would anyone be surprised that NICEIC (or any other scheme provider) has no responsibility to 3rd parties?? They are supposed to be scheme providers that proves an electrician is ''competent'' by assessment. But they are only proving that to themselves, not to the members clients/customers. As far as i can tell, (and i may be wrong here) They have no recourse to any member of the public for bad workmanship, Or, ....yes a lack of a members competency. Which is yet, ...just one more reason they are being called ''Scam'' Providers by the very members that have been forced to enrol with one of them!!!

Reply to Installation wrong can NICEIC do anything? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock