Discuss Inverters/control panels in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

montybaber

I heard somewhere that all inverters inside control panels now have to be enclosed in their own enclosure..is this true?

In the case of this panel I rewired (using original panel/backplate) how should I have done it?

Inverters/control panels {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

does each inverter need to be fully enclosed? or would partitioning do?

(oh and by the way I know when I took the pic a lid was missing...smart asses!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Spud they get hot inside as it is, you'd have a fan pulling the hot air out of one cabinet into another with an even bigger fan then trying to get all the hot air in the main cabinet out.

Thanks...thats what I thought but I remember now that it was on my 17th course:confused:

I have fitted inverters in lots of panels and even had SEW guys down and they never mentioned anything about it,

It's a new one on me as well.

Will have a chat with mate at ABB see if he knows anything about it but it seems totally illogical to me. As was said earlier the only benefits would be to enclosure and fan manufacturers.

Built some massive panels for water board, they are dead keen on rules & regs and no one mentioned it EVER !!

Got to be bol*ocks.

fitted lots of inverters to AHU in plant rooms just had to make sure you had a 50mm gap behind for air flow past heat sink on back of inverters
benji

Reply to Inverters/control panels in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock