JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) jib card advice

Discuss jib card advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Alright mate. Have the same problems as most of what is posted. Have the 2330 pt 2 + 3, the 17th and am doing the 2391. Need the nvq aswell. Just wondering would you be able to help me. I am based in east london. Cheers.

hi mate were in uk are you? im training to be an assessor for nvq i may be able to help you get nvq if you still want it?

I'm currently living in York. I'm totally stumped as to where to go go next. I thought i was qualified. 2360 1&2, C course, 2381, 2391. but from what i see, all the learn direct courses etc, that say become qualified offer less than this but jib still regard me as a trainee? how am i suppose to leave this country as a trainee. I'm going to a careers adviser next week at selby college. all i assume is that to gain nvq3 i'd have to get a job with a jib registered company as an apprentice. I'm 29 years old, no company is going to take me on as an apprentic. its all about the school leavers these days. I would love to hear from an nvq assessor to hear what my options are.

I'm currently living in York. I'm totally stumped as to where to go go next. I thought i was qualified. 2360 1&2, C course, 2381, 2391. but from what i see, all the learn direct courses etc, that say become qualified offer less than this but jib still regard me as a trainee? how am i suppose to leave this country as a trainee. I'm going to a careers adviser next week at selby college. all i assume is that to gain nvq3 i'd have to get a job with a jib registered company as an apprentice. I'm 29 years old, no company is going to take me on as an apprentic. its all about the school leavers these days. I would love to hear from an nvq assessor to hear what my options are.

Have you been on site yet or have you just done all the courses at college?

Have you been on site yet or have you just done all the courses at college?

Yes, I've been on many sites since finishing in 2005, I'm only tryin to pursue this now as the JIB have graded me as a 'senior graded electrical trainee' having done 2369 parts 1 and 2, 2369 Electrical Installation Work Course C, 2381 16th Edition (upgarde pending) and 2391 I&T. Problem I think I'm going to have is building a portfolio, There are hardly any Jobs at the moment, and unfortunately, I never went round taking photos of work I've been doing since, plus, as a 'trainee', how the hell am I supposed to get on site? The JIB card has my CSCS proof on it. I'm screwed!! I need help BIG sticks.

There is a lot off sparks out of work so they have a choice who to take on. Who would you take on a time served spark at 29 or adult trainee at 29? Even if you get a JIB card it will still say adult trained on the back and that will put a lot of firms off.

There is a lot off sparks out of work so they have a choice who to take on. Who would you take on a time served spark at 29 or adult trainee at 29? Even if you get a JIB card it will still say adult trained on the back and that will put a lot of firms off.

I understand that, but I'm no less competant, i've all the theory and more an i've been on site for a few years now, its not like i finished my courses last week, I finished them in 2005, I Joined the army and got my qualifications at a military college, instead of an apprenticeship, that doesnt mean I should be less recognised. if it wasnt for the nvq3 i'd have everything I need to be a technician

When I'm running jobs i still check time served lads work if there under 25 as it been said on here many times experience counts. I've been in this game 21 years and I'm still learning 99% of adult trained sparks i have met think they know everything where as time served lads just say I've not done that before just run through it. It could be that I've met all the ***** but I think other time served lads on here will back me up.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I'm running jobs i still check time served lads work if there under 25 as it been said on here many times experience counts. I've been in this game 21 years and I'm still learning 99% of adult trained sparks i have met think they know everything where as time served lads just say I've not done that before just run through it. It could be that I've met all the ***** but I think other time served lads on here will back me up.

I was only after some help. I've taught older guys stuff and learnt of younger. Its not a competition.

I understand that, but I'm no less competant, i've all the theory and more an i've been on site for a few years now, its not like i finished my courses last week, I finished them in 2005, I Joined the army and got my qualifications at a military college, instead of an apprenticeship, that doesnt mean I should be less recognised. if it wasnt for the nvq3 i'd have everything I need to be a technician

I know its not a competition but by putting things like i need my nvq3 and i'll be a technician when you have not even got a spark card your in dream world. If you get a spark card tomorrow your still at least 4 years away from a technician card. If its any help buy some cornflakes because some of the **** I've seen lately that have just got there card we all thought they were free inside kellogs cornflakes. :rolleyes:

I know its not a competition but by putting things like i need my nvq3 and i'll be a technician when you have not even got a spark card your in dream world. If you get a spark card tomorrow your still at least 4 years away from a technician card. If its any help buy some cornflakes because some of the **** I've seen lately that have just got there card we all thought they were free inside kellogs cornflakes. :rolleyes:

MAN ALIVE!!!! your 4 years appreticeship didnt teach you to read tho did it, i said if wasnt for the nvq 3 i'd have everything i need for a technician, didnt once say i'd be one. anyone would think you got taught by faraday himself. sorry if i joined the army did my quals at a military college, and served the country for 7 years instead. you stick to maintaining your food factories etc, while i was in afghanistan maintaining the field hospital. All this is boring, boo hoo, adult trainees etc etc theres loads ways of doin loads loads of things, if you had a low sperm count and had to have ivf treatment does that mean its not a proper baby? i dont think i know it all, far from it, but you anti trainees are just boring now, there are still **** apprentices who didnt have the brains to go onto A levels, we dont learn any less, i certainly didnt, if anything, my specific training demanded a higher standard than civvy colleges. your sweeping statements are tedious. well done for completing your apprenticeship. hats off to you, in fact, hats off to all of you, now can we draw a line under it.

Gotta say mate,that is the best statement i've heard in ages;)
jib card advice {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
MAN ALIVE!!!! your 4 years appreticeship didnt teach you to read tho did it, i said if wasnt for the nvq 3 i'd have everything i need for a technician, didnt once say i'd be one. anyone would think you got taught by faraday himself. sorry if i joined the army did my quals at a military college, and served the country for 7 years instead. you stick to maintaining your food factories etc, while i was in afghanistan maintaining the field hospital. All this is boring, boo hoo, adult trainees etc etc theres loads ways of doin loads loads of things, if you had a low sperm count and had to have ivf treatment does that mean its not a proper baby? i dont think i know it all, far from it, but you anti trainees are just boring now, there are still **** apprentices who didnt have the brains to go onto A levels, we dont learn any less, i certainly didnt, if anything, my specific training demanded a higher standard than civvy colleges. your sweeping statements are tedious. well done for completing your apprenticeship. hats off to you, in fact, hats off to all of you, now can we draw a line under it.

Who said i worked in food factories I'm an industrial spark mate Blah blah blah blah No brown sauce on my order you jumped up labourer. Dont forget your brush you untrained monkey and try serving the brew order before your country and get used to signing your name because as long as I've got a hole in my arse you will never be a spark.

Reply to jib card advice in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock