JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Jib card Ecs gold

Discuss Jib card Ecs gold in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Tankie123

Hi

I'm new to the forum I want to apply for a jib gold card just wondering if I would qualify with the below quals or do I need more?

236 part 1 electrical installation 1996

am1 achievement measurement

NVQ 3 2356

2391 testing

17th edition

have done the ecs health and safety exam

just winding if I would need to go back to college

thanks

I think there was time up to the 90s when it was possible , If I were you I would give them a ring as that is what I did back in the 80s , the company I worked for then was not a JIB company so thats what I did and applied of my own back and then took the 2391 later and got the JIB approved Gold card , just ring them they will tell you ....

He won't need it Will. As Long as he has the NVQ3 and 2382 he will get a gold card with either maintenance electrician or installation electrician, depending which NVQ3 he did. The AM2 is now mandatory as part of the newish 2357 NVQ but wasn't as part of the 2356.

thanks for all the replays so just to clarify not having the part 2 236 won't matter?

He won't need it Will. As Long as he has the NVQ3 and 2382 he will get a gold card with either maintenance electrician or installation electrician, depending which NVQ3 he did. The AM2 is now mandatory as part of the newish 2357 NVQ but wasn't as part of the 2356.

You old timers know everything ;)

Oh I see, Electrical quals seem so complicated. Why can't there be one set way of getting qualified. Maybe it is better now with the 2357. But it's been a shambles the last 20 years. I've lost count of the number of courses and course numbers!!

Thanks I can't get my head round it all when we did part 1 they told us we were qualified and I've heard some say that the 2391 replaces the old B cert I did the nvq 3 as the company paid for it I did have to resit a theory exam I will submit everything to the JIB and see what happens it's just that on certain sites we are getting asked for it especially government ones

Basically a tech cert now in the eyes of the JIB ain't worth the paper it's written on! I did the 236 pt 1&2 and to be honest they were only interested in the NVQ3 pretty much told me I didn't need to send it in!! So as long as you have you NVQ you'll be fine mate you'll get approved! Easy now a days ain't it

It is because them NVQ3 requires underpinning knowledge and a site diary. That is why the JIB like it, they don't have to check anymore than that. You can still utilise your old tech certs as underpinning knowledge.

Basically a tech cert now in the eyes of the JIB ain't worth the paper it's written on! I did the 236 pt 1&2 and to be honest they were only interested in the NVQ3 pretty much told me I didn't need to send it in!! So as long as you have you NVQ you'll be fine mate you'll get approved! Easy now a days ain't it

Its because the jib know that you have the underpinning knowledge....you would have to show your tech certs to enrole on the nvq or would have to do the underpinning knowledge as part of the nvq.

Edit: Didn't see TJ Andersons post above when replying

Last edited:
Well TBH , if the JIB won't except the good old 236 C&G AB&C, to get their gold card, I would say stick it up your jacks, bloody outrageous.!!!

Last edited:

Reply to Jib card Ecs gold in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock