Discuss Joining Elecsa question ? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

Hundleton1

Hi guys I have a quick question, I have been Reading the entry requirement for joining Elecsa and it states that no qualifacations are required but indepth knowlage of 17t. Is neede and that you will be required to complete the 17th with in a year.

Can any one confirm this is the case for becoming a full scope domestic ?

The reason I ask is I am currently doing my 2330 a d 17th then the NVQ however I have worked with in the industry for years, I know the onsite guide end to end and think I would have no real problems passing an assesment.

I am starting to turn down work and it's painfull,really could do with getting some of this in if you know what I mean.

Once you have joined elecsa does that mean you are able to sign off your own work or do oyu still have to get the council out to inspect it?:confused:

YES that is correct!! scandalous really though...

thanks for that, TBH. I also agree, in my industry any one can setup and trade with out any checks at all, I have spent years being the best at what I do gaining the qualifications and the guys with out insurance under cut you, One of the reasons I have gone this way again is I can't compete with these guys.

As I said I am halfway though my level 2, I intend to be finished by Christmas but as it stands I really need to get back out and work and gain experance in the field.

once you have Joined Elecsa and YOU PASS the site assessment!! you can notify jobs via them to local Building control...

you do the inspection and the paper work..!!! elecsa just email them for a small sum of £1.50 ! :D

That just takes the mic out of all those people who go to colege, spent all that money only for some cowboy to come along and take there jobs. No ofence to all those out there who have put in all the hard work.

what you will find is that the cowboy will not be registered with any part P scheme!!!

i never went to college by the way!!! :)

the part P qualification as in the VRQ level 2....!??? its a con aimed at new sparks.

i just read through Document P that tells you all you need to know any way!! (compulsory doc required for registration any way)

i hold

2382 17th edition
2391 inspection and testing
2377 pat
btec Level 3 Diploma
city and guild engineering certs (various)
7 years of royal navy experience in elecs and mechanics

You seem to know your stuff so what is your take on the 2330? As that is what i am studying in college at the mo.

The problem is you get cowboys in all trades, I have spent the last 10 years doing TV and sat, Of the 10 I have spent 5 in and out of collage, I was one of the first to do the qualification to become a Full Rdi, then they introduced the associate member which meant any one could join as long as you agreed to start a course, I spent thousands of my own money training only to find that the guy down the street that one day decided to start doing aerials and become a member just by agreeing to do some training, Then these guys under cut me as they don't have insurance or pay tax, unfortunately I have found that doing it the legit way has got me nowhere.

Due to the lack of work I decided to go back to what I started when in collage, for the last few years I have been subbing to a sparky on and off when quite helping with cabling ect however I have now decided to go legit, as i have said I am halfway though level 2 but really want to get working by my self as soon as, I intend to get assessed asap and start working then complete the level 3 and the nvq whilst working.

I always do things legit as I can't bring my self to just become one of them

Regarding ELECSA and 17th edition quals its best to phone them and check.Although experienced they told me I had to have C & G 2382 (which I now have) before an assesment could be done.

the 2330 is the building blocks of a good solid training package..!!

i did an equivilant with BTEC that lasted 18 months and covered the same chapters as the 2330..
i also did a NVQ 3 that is normally associated with the 2330 as an extra "bolt on"

by doing the 2330 you have set your self a goal and to achieve that goal you have gone about it the correct way!

i know people out there who have done it very quickly and bypassed all the theory lessons and hit the direct end quals 17th , Pat, insec test. they are no less of a person than me or you and some of them are excellent at what they do but unfortunately there are always the exception who are dangerous and will probably kill them self or some body around them..! (nothing more than an advanced B&Q'er who can pass a online exam)

Evey trade as highlighted has Cowboys , and until the day the sheriff catches up with them then they will make money and put lives at risk! "however not all cowboys are dangerous as always stipulated some are just sparks wanting to make a few extra quid for the pub or mortgage payments... but its defo a bad area to be in as they wont have insurance if any thing went wrong..

Ii recently did some minor works for a customer and on his 17th EIC cert the bloke wrote TT (Tick) Location of Rod " UNKNOWN" WTF!!! :eek::eek: unknown as not installed more like!!!

Indeed the 2382 is a minimum requirement which can only be sat if you qualified after 2000 (i think)?

If it was before or you hold no quals then you have to do the 2381 which is a week long (5 days).

just had a quick look at elecsa joining stuff..!!

You must be able to demonstrate a full grasp of the latest
Wiring Regulations. The recognised qualification for this is an
accredited 17th Edition qualification. At ELECSA’s discretion
an equivalent qualification that references the regulations may
be acceptable. If you do not have suitable qualifications in
place, it may still be possible for you to pass the assessment
by demonstrating a high level of understanding in the
assessment as a result of question & answer sessions,
practical problems and so on. You can then pass the
assessment on the understanding that you will take a 17th
Edition qualification during the first twelve months of your
registration

Jason no such thing as 2381 now!! (that was 16th Ed Course number) been replaced by 2382 (17th ed) ;)

Firstly you're replying to a thread that's 6 years old. Secondly new members need their first 5 posts manually approving by a staff member as an anti-spam measure. This can take some time because we all have real-life jobs as well so your posts might not appear immediately.

There's threads on this subject that are far more recent so I'll close this one.

Reply to Joining Elecsa question ? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock