Discuss Jokes on your apprentice in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
noticed that there were a few jokes about apprentice with glass hammers, any got any more? list em, and list your stories too. When I worked i the kitchen we used to send the new ones for chicken lips and salmon legs to all the other resturants in, i've laughed so much and all the places we send em too, play along with the joke, they can be gone for hours :) (meadowhall thats in sheffield)

ive had em all done to me, and me being a wally fell for them all..............

ive had them getting to push a petrol genny welder up and down trying to bump start it.:eek::eek::eek:

ive had my riggers when i was an apprentice painted yellow with yellow spots.:eek::eek::eek:

il try and think of a few more ive fell for.:eek::eek::eek:

it dosent bother me cos im always good for a laugh.

before you try these at work ...... did anyone see the video of the ng bailey apprentices setting each others shoes on fire ? the chief did and fired everyone involved ,then got HSE involved
the days of sticking a piece of conduit through the sleeves of the apprentice is over

my friend sent me a video of a site he on, you know the big nail guns the chippys use, they managed to hold an apprentice up on a stud wall and nail him to it. He was a good 2 foot of the floor :D

we convinced one lad (bungalow)that in medieval times they used bamboo as conduit with wet string inside cos wire hadnt been invented yet and once a week you would pour water down the top of the bamboo to keep the continuity

Brilliant ,we got one lad to check the megger was working by testing it on his self ,he used to do it all the time ,maybee he liked it;)

Saw one lad holding a bucket underneath a bit of twin and earth dangling from the ceiling. Was there for ages.

Apparently he was waiting for the voltage drop !!!

once had my steel to caps welded to a lump of RSJ, whilst still wearing them. Ouch!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant ,we got one lad to check the megger was working by testing it on his self ,he used to do it all the time ,maybee he liked it;)

Had a similar trick with a megger where the switch was a rocker type one way was continuity test and the other insulation resistance test.

Told apprentice to hold the leads and pressed IR side boy did he jump then electrician got hold of leads but this time pressed continuity side no reaction from electrician told apprentice until he could take the megger test he would be no good at recieving a belt off the mains.

When he found out the truth he called us all the c***s under the sun for doing it to him.:eek:

Another trick we played on him was he came to get his toolbox which was metal and couldn't find it, asked where it was told him to look for it.

He finally found it welded 8 foot of the ground to a steel beam.

Last edited:
send the apprentice to the wholesalers for a 'long weight'
Or send him there for a 'terminal weight'
Or 100 metres of 6249Y 25mm
When cleaning up at the end of a job - send him out to the car wash for a bucket of steam.

I could go on.....cruel though ...ain't it

Used to earn a few bob by telling apps to nip to store for a "silent door bell"
the eyes used to instantly light up and you got the usual no such thing. One fiver bet later back they came with a mountcastle "silent bell"
Having a deaf school on the books can come in usefull.

I got asked to go to wholesalers and pick up a left handed hammer, I was also asked to go and get air ladders, but I was brought up in pub so wasn't gonna fall for anything as lame as that.

But one poor apprentice was put through a christmas tree wrapper you know the one with the mesh. ha ha that was hilarious and they drove home with him tied to back of truck.

We sent a first year apprentice to the stores a few weeks ago to get 10 metres of fallopian tubing and a new bubble for the spirit level. Our store manager has a sense of humour too and gave him a bucket of water with a straw in it, all out of fallopian tubing though.

I feel really guilty now, but we used to send our 'lad' into Oddies for Felatio Cakes, or Cunnilingus Pasties. Cruel, but the best belly laughs we've ever had.

Another of the old ones is the sending them for the infamous 'Sky hooks', or a tin of striped paint.

Dont know about you lot, but its part of the prennies' passage of age, and a great bond is usually formed between yourselves.

not really a joke as such but i had an apprentice with me at a job in lincoln, he was chopping out some metal boxes with a 2-3lb lump hammer, i was been the site idiot and entertaining him, he looked away from what he was doing whilst continuing to stricke his chisel, missed and caught his thumb, looked grose nearly pulled his thumb nuckle off. then his bottom lip starting wobbling he was so close to crying i just couldn help but laugh my little white hairy ar$e off!!

apprentices butty bag laying vulnerable, chicken and mayonaise sarnies with an extra helping of decorators caulk!!

Last edited:

Reply to Jokes on your apprentice in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock