Discuss Just had my first cancellation due to Corona. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I’m in limbo, Company has just cancelled domestic flights and I’m in another state offshore. Looks like I’ll be driving for 2 days to get home.

I’m in limbo, Company has just cancelled domestic flights and I’m in another state offshore. Looks like I’ll be driving for 2 days to get home.
Forget that I am meant to be going to South Africa in June for 2 weeks on big holiday with the girlfriend. In Cape Town then on to Sanbona a luxury tented Safari and visiting friends. They have just closed the border to people from high risk countries including UK. Not looking good as I can't see this getting better in 90 days. So will have to wait to see but got insurance etc so won't be out of pocket.
Much more worried about my holiday than the customers!!

its the panic buying gets me ,what's with the loo paper , if I run out either my back garden
green grass or a leaf off the bloody trees . i have now started to cut strips of news papers in strips just in case .lol.
Panic measures, lad.
You'll have to rob the little leaves off privets at this time of year, buzz:)
Newspaper tear ups on string....now there's a memory.:(

With more than a smattering of gallows humour -
0FA75F60-0889-4016-A381-CE7B003193E3.jpeg

Had a job booked in in Dungloe today and got a call when I was driving through Letterkenny that they were closing the gates immediately for an unknown length of time.

140,000 people have been laid off in the south in the past few days as a result of Covid-19.

Same here had 2 commercial jobs cancelled today due to the virus! Don't want me or any non essential staff in the buildings!
I am now emailing a lot of other customers to make sure they still want me to carry out planned works under the current circumstances!
Not looking good folks and early days yet!
The world as we know it will not be the same after this!!

At least we didn't go for a 'shut down everything now' kneejerk reaction. Yes it's a serious issue, but we've got to be careful not to bankrupt small businesses.

The newspapers and Facebook never help with this sort of thing either.

I'm currently powering up a lot of BT street cabinets, but these are made in China and stocks are running low.

I can afford to stop working for a couple of months but things will be tight.

And I'm running out of toilet paper...

Begs the question; Why did they not shut down all inbound travel? We're an island FFS, that should've helped us! I get the batten down hatches approach seems extreme but it's beyter than the stiff upper lip, carry on regardless attitudes. If you're going that may as well do it right and adopt the WW2 attitude, complete with rationing....why the hell the big chains haven't put the likes of alcohol gel, bog roll, Dettol wipes et all behind a counter so they stop panic buying (and selling at excessive markup) I don't know.

Begs the question; Why did they not shut down all inbound travel? We're an island FFS, that should've helped us! I get the batten down hatches approach seems extreme but it's beyter than the stiff upper lip, carry on regardless attitudes. If you're going that may as well do it right and adopt the WW2 attitude, complete with rationing....why the hell the big chains haven't put the likes of alcohol gel, bog roll, Dettol wipes et all behind a counter so they stop panic buying (and selling at excessive markup) I don't know.

It they banned all inbound travel, how would the hundreds of thousands of UK holiday makers have got home?

It they banned all inbound travel, how would the hundreds of thousands of UK holiday makers have got home?
if they can afford to go abroad, they can afford to stay there for a week or 3. sod 'em.
[automerge]1584377664[/automerge]
when are the leftie press going to blame corona virus on brexit?

I'm currently powering up a lot of BT street cabinets, but these are made in China and stocks are running low.

I can afford to stop working for a couple of months but things will be tight.

And I'm running out of toilet paper...
With all the crap in 'em, it looks like the news rags might be useful after all.....make sure you don't use any with c virus mentioned, though, you never know!
Newsagents hit with panic buyers???

Blocked bogs........Plumbing trade goes through the roof???

Reply to Just had my first cancellation due to Corona. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net