Discuss Kitchen light fixture wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rory Edwards

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm after some advice about how to wire in a new light fixture in my kitchen please. The attached pictures show the current fixture wired up, and also the new fixture.

Thank you!

Rory

Attachments

• IMG_20190823_195100.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20190823_195053.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20190824_111151.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
Hi Rory,
straight forward like for like swap. Only difference the protective conductors are to be terminated in the connector block.

I would however be looking at containment of the conductors in the ceiling void using a wage box or a round lighting dry line box depending on the ceilings make up.

Please mark the single black wire going to the brown wires with red or brown tape, as it is the switched live.

Full marks for taking a photo before disconnecting the wiring. Not many people do that.

Cut back the CPC also, to much copper showing for OCD
and don't twist the bloody conductors. i hate that. even worse if 2 or more stuffed into 1 piece of sleeving.

Reply to Kitchen light fixture wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Replacing a light fixture in an older home. The ceiling box has two cables, each with a hot and a neutral (photo attached). The old fixture had...
Replies
Views
I bought this house a couple months ago. It was built in 1952 (same as me) but has been rewired with yellow 12 awg Romex dated 2007. Looks like a...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views
Info: Located in US I have a 48” T8 fixture that I recently added LED’s by removing the ballast and wiring directly. After doing so when hanging...
Replies
Views
I am adding a light fixture in a room I am restoring in my 160 yo house. I have ran a new 12-2 w/ground wire from the ceiling box to a junction...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock