Discuss Kitchen under cabinet lights tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Carl Lewis

Hi,
I have just changed my under counter cabinet lights. but every 5 (about) i switch them the MCB trips. there is 3 starters and 1 led strip lights coming off each. Each LED strip is 11w, so shouldn't be an issue. I have done a bit of trial and error and its seems it will trip with 2 sets on and it doesn't matter which 2, so it doesn't seem i have a faulty set... unless they are all faulty?

Advice please

maybe. or a type C 6A. all depends on your Zs.

There's a surge on starting from led drivers.It's likely that is the problem. As already stated the answer is (assuming your mcb is a type b) to change it to a type c of the same rating. A type c is slower to react to short duration surges. It is essential to verify that a change of mcb will still meet the disconnection times for the circuit so an electrician should verify this first.

I think C Class breaker is the answer for this we have had this happen a few times (but normally on much larger installs) and the breaker change has resolved the problem every time.

Reply to Kitchen under cabinet lights tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have three Aurora Fluorescent linkable (linked) under cabinet 'strip' lights (c.21cm each) under the kitchen cabinets and over the sink area...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking at putting some warm white LED strip (3000k) in aluminium profile under some kitchen cabinets, so just looking for...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views
Hi, I replaced an outdoor electrical socket recently with a 2 gang, BG socket which has LED lights to show when it is switched on. Since then I...
Replies
Views
I am currently looking to add 12v led cob strip lights to my mother's kitchen but confused what I need. There are currently mains wires under the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock