Discuss LED Driver alternative in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I wondered if anyone could advise on a suitable alternative to the following LED driver: Tried CEF, RS, and online but they can't get hold of the exact part.

Attachments

• IMG_20221208_121420_897.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 42
What is the make & part number of the driver you are looking to replace, is it constant current or constant voltage, what is that current/ voltage, and the load characteristics required?

thanks for your interest.

OPTOTRONIC® OT 90/220-240/700 LTE

Constant Current LED Power Supply

AA3213601DG Made in China by OSRAM
OSRAM

i have attached image of driver, i am not sure if its been uploading.

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't done a detailed search for equivalents but there seem to be some similar products coming up by googling the part number. Not all have the same current and voltage range so to confirm suitability, we need to discover what current has been set on that driver and what the forward voltage of the panel is.

The current is being programmed with a local resistor, and AFAIK the resistor values are the same across all LEDset products, so any model of LEDset driver that includes the set output current and LED forward voltage in its working range will suit, once that resistor is put into the new driver. Do you have any specs on the panel? And what is the resistor value - we can probably decode that to a current setting.

Alternatively, Osram technical might be able to confirm the part number of a drop-in replacement. They would probably be my next call.

This driver was around 10 years ago, and seems to have been superseded by Dali compatible versions, but these still appear to incorporate the LED set feature, so maybe the current model with Dali could be used? With the same value resistor? Any thoughts anyone?

To find the original data sheet, Google search: "product-datasheet-ot-150220-240700-lt-e.pdf"

The LEDset interface is described in this application note:
I was hoping to find a way of divining the output current set by that 15k resistor, but I'm not sure that's possible from the info here!
KAZ786 - Do you have any technical info on the LED load you want to drive from the replacement driver?

Last edited:
Sorry Lucien, on re-reading your insight, the resistor should work across brands. That must be the way to go, as this Osram product does seem unavailable.

Thanks, you all, I initially thought it would be easy as a new driver replacement, but when I couldn't find the exact part knew I would need some tech knowledge to figure suitable alternative.

Since the first driver packed in a few months, another 3 lights have started starting to flicker, hence relooking at options to sort this out.

For the LED panel load, I will have to double-check, I did have pictures but can't seem to find them. I will need to reopen the lamps

So, am I understanding this right, that I will need a LEDset driver matching the set output current and voltage and use the current resistor, will I need anything extra for the Dali drivers?

Just on a side thought, the lights are currently being used through the breaker rather than the override switch or BMS system, could this be causing the drivers to go faulty prematurely?

Here we go😀, had on my old phone.
Thats useful. So the lamp needs 605mA and will have about 115V across it.
The Osram driver seems to be spec'd to provide this, but I don't know if the 15K resistor is the correct value for 600mA
The fact you are seeing a failure and flickering, maybe the set is getting towards end of life (thinking about the driver possibly being 10 years old), or maybe the driver is not suited to the lamps (or the other way round). I don't see why the source of power (eg direct from breaker or through BMS) should have any effect on the reliability of the lamps, other than them being left on when they needn't be!

It might be worth trying to find a constant current driver capable of being set to 600mA (or built for 600mA), and with the output voltage going up to at least 120V, and rated say 75W. It seems extravagant to buy Osram Dali enabled versions if you don't need that.

Just to say that the first Meanwell one has a 700mA fixed current output, which is too much for your 600mA rated LED panel.

The original black Osram driver module has galvanic isolation (reinforced) between mains input and the output. As far as I can see all the long thin Osram ones you list say they have no galvanic isolation between mains in and the output. I'm concerned that would be a safety issue.

So I'm afraid I wouldn't leap at any of them yet!

500mA is less than 600mA so not going to stress the LEDS,
thats a good price

This one might just do:
And there is a beefier version at a bit more money.
I'm not sure if it will work out of the box without being (NFC) programmed first! The current is set with a resistor as per the original one. There's loads of technical info on the above website but I haven't looked through it all.

Any thoughts on above
Looks good to me. Gives 550mA with current selecting resistor of 0 ohms, ie a link, so you don't need to buy a programming resistor! Seems good to go.
Only think I didn't see was anything about isolation of the output from the mains input, but I think it's implied.
Try one!

Reply to LED Driver alternative in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net