Discuss Life Safety Services Generator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Marxman99

Hi, I have a 50kva generator, it will only be used to supply the life safety services loads (water pump, vent openers, vent fan). Each item is connected to an ATS, one supply to the ATS is from a ‘normal supply’ distribution board, and the other supply is from a generator supplied distribution board. The generator is positioned on the ground floor of the building.
My question: Do I need to provide a separate earth rod connected to the generator?
Thanks for reading.

Reply to Life Safety Services Generator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

5 single phases to one huge property. Backup generator which can take about 106 amps split between 2 phases - 1 phase will be wired through...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views
I want to use a manual change over switch to safely connect a 21kVA single phase tractor PTO powered generator to my mains supply in case of...
Replies
Views
I'd appreciate the wisdom of the find minds here regarding this job. Yes, I've drifted into Wales again.... An extension is being planned as...
Replies
Views
Like a host of UK residents recently (230% increase in genny sales apparently), I've just invested in a small (3500W) portable, dual fuel...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock