Discuss Lighting from fused spurs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Where did you find the current/time plot for the BS1362 fuses? I have not seen that in any (obvious) place the few times I looked.
Maximum Zs for a 13 amp bs1362 fuse is 2.30 ohms 0.4 disconnection time , table 41.2
For a 5 second disconnection time it is 3.64 ohms table 41.4
Or 13 x 1.45= 18.85 amps
[automerge]1587045045[/automerge]
Where did you find the current/time plot for the BS1362 fuses? I have not seen that in any (obvious) place the few times I looked.
Maybe try this ABE79CF9-A864-437C-A456-25BDF8BCD157.png

Last edited:
I just think it's always good practice for the OCPD to be rated lower than the ccc of the circuit cable,regardless of the 'fixed load' and it's no bother in a loft /outbuilding or similar to fit a sfcu instead of just a normal light switch. Always done it this way and I see no reason to change now.
Coz we are old school Dave.

Sometimes you need to simplify things I say. Is adding an FCU before a light switch make the situation dangerous. No? Does it break any regulations? No. Would it make sense to a future electrician? Sure, even if they don't agree with it. So therefore it's not worth worrying about IMO.

Sometimes you need to simplify things I say. Is adding an FCU before a light switch make the situation dangerous. No? Does it break any regulations? No. Would it make sense to a future electrician? Sure, even if they don't agree with it. So therefore it's not worth worrying about IMO.
Indeed, it is a very minor point. But I enjoy chatting carp about the minutiae of our trade

Indeed, it is a very minor point. But I enjoy chatting carp about the minutiae of our trade

Oh absoloutely (I can get into pretty boring in depth detail about 13a plugs!) I just felt it a point worth mentioning. I'm guilty of getting wrapped up in thought on a job and often find myself having to strip it back a bit when in a job situation.

Reply to Lighting from fused spurs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net