Discuss Lighting Solution Advice Needed! in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in need of some help with a project I am working on. I have recently equipped my listening room at home with a Philips Hue Bridge, controlling 12 Lightbars which are responsible for setting the mood and general light in the room.

In this room, I have three audio racks, each has four shelves. They are separate and are about 5 inches apart. The width of each shelf is 19 inches.
I am trying to come up with a solution to attach a small light source under each shelf, to illuminate the equipment. I was hoping that Philips would have a product but they don't. Their light strips are very long. I need 9 lights (to accommodate 12 shelves, as the top three shelves don't have anything above them). I was looking for 9 short strips (6-12 inches each) which will connect to the same controller and could change color/intensity and be turned on and off as a group. Ideally, I wanted it to work with the rest of the Hue setup, so that when the lights in the room are turned on, so do those lights.

If not possible, I am OK with controlling those 9 lights separately, preferably with a small remote (as opposed to the phone). I was looking for a long time but could not find any short light strips that can be somehow controlled as a group. It does not need to be strips, it could be small, round fixtures (like the ones that IKEA sells) but again, they need to be controlled together.

I would appreciate any advice or product referrals you may have.

Thank you very much in advance,
Roy.

Was hoping to get some comments :-(
I am adding a photo just to show the setup, maybe my explanation was not 100% clear. Thank you again.

Roy.

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 12
Nice looking turntable. Mitchell?

What speakers do you have?

Looks very impressive stuff. I'm a bit out of touch with modern stuff though.

You probably wouldn't like my current speakers - a pair of 1970s Wharfedale Kingsdales that I bought last year.

I'll have a think about the lighting. There must be something you can do with decent LED strips, perhaps fitted in aluminium extrusion.

Looks very impressive stuff. I'm a bit out of touch with modern stuff though.

You probably wouldn't like my current speakers - a pair of 1970s Wharfedale Kingsdales that I bought last year.

I'll have a think about the lighting. There must be something you can do with decent LED strips, perhaps fitted in aluminium extrusion.
Yeah, my main problem is not being able to find short LED strips and connect 10 of them to the same source. I do like your speakers though, very different sound than mine.

Yeah, my main problem is not being able to find short LED strips and connect 10 of them to the same source. I do like your speakers though, very different sound than mine.

There are strips available that you can cut to the required length.

Tagra Lighting in UK do bespoke strips in enclosures whatever size you want. sure there's a similar company in the USA.
[

Hi all,

I am in need of some help with a project I am working on. I have recently equipped my listening room at home with a Philips Hue Bridge, controlling 12 Lightbars which are responsible for setting the mood and general light in the room.

In this room, I have three audio racks, each has four shelves. They are separate and are about 5 inches apart. The width of each shelf is 19 inches.
I am trying to come up with a solution to attach a small light source under each shelf, to illuminate the equipment. I was hoping that Philips would have a product but they don't. Their light strips are very long. I need 9 lights (to accommodate 12 shelves, as the top three shelves don't have anything above them). I was looking for 9 short strips (6-12 inches each) which will connect to the same controller and could change color/intensity and be turned on and off as a group. Ideally, I wanted it to work with the rest of the Hue setup, so that when the lights in the room are turned on, so do those lights.

If not possible, I am OK with controlling those 9 lights separately, preferably with a small remote (as opposed to the phone). I was looking for a long time but could not find any short light strips that can be somehow controlled as a group. It does not need to be strips, it could be small, round fixtures (like the ones that IKEA sells) but again, they need to be controlled together.

I would appreciate any advice or product referrals you may have.

Thank you very much in advance,
Roy.
Try giving these guys a call, they should be able to help out:

Edit: although not much use in the USA perhaps...

Reply to Lighting Solution Advice Needed! in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net