Discuss Lights in plastic conduit or flex cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Adil24

Hi guys,I've got a small project of outside lights to do at my house. I've purchased led eyelid die cast bullhead lights due to install in my passage. I've a conundrum of what cable to use. I'm thinking of black uv protected black flex as the lights are black too , using whiska box. But I'm also thinking black plastic conduit which would maybe look better, be of course has its pitfalls with weather effect. I would love your profession opinion guys thanks.

Black UV tolerant flex is fine, PVC conduit can be troublesome externally as it requires expansion joints and regular maintenance to ensure it stays IP rated as it expands and contracts with temp' change... seen PVC conduit messed and warped so many times.

Just take the time with the flex to get it nice and straight and I'd suggest clipping at least every 150mm, otherwise it can look very untidy.

Thanx guys for the prompt replys. It will be black flex then, which would make the job a lot easier. With p clips I don't want too many holes in the brickwork or would drilling in the cement suffice?

Also the lights that I have operate with a microwave switch what height would u recommend as I don't want them too high so their out of range. Unfortunately no instructions came with the lights.

Thanx for the prompt reply guys, really appreciate it. With the p clips I don't want too many file in the brickwork, would drilling in the cement suffice. The lights operate with a microwave sensor, what would be a good height to fix on the walls , as I don't want them to be out of range? What's your opinion on microwave señor on external wall lights u can configure with dip switches.

if the mortar is a bit iffy for clips, use clip nail plugs.

I saw an insall in a garden in galv, bronze coloured. (Hammerite I think)

I must say it blended in well and looked very nice.

I saw an insall in a garden in galv, bronze coloured. (Hammerite I think)

I must say it blended in well and looked very nice.

Oh dear oh dear!!

A vision has just flashed into my mind of you suppin' yer tea from a Royal Doulton with hand painted Periwinkles tea set with yer little finger extended. :rofl:

Oh dear oh dear!!

A vision has just flashed into my mind of you suppin' yer tea from a Royal Doulton with hand painted Periwinkles tea set with yer little finger extended. :rofl:
beats out of a bucket using 20mm galv. conduit as a straw.

Reply to Lights in plastic conduit or flex cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net