Discuss Looking for 200W LED Floodlight brand recommendations in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

AVpro

-
Reaction score
I'm looking for any recommendations (or avoids!) for 200W LED floodlights. The application is to illuminate a small field (roughly 30% smaller than a soccer pitch) for canine agility at an animal rescue shelter .
The installation will be a donation with a small contribution from supporter fundraising for the cost of the floodlights and materials.
We don't currently have the resources to install lighting columns so will temporarily mount the fittings on scaffold poles and on adjacent structures and hopefully get funding for columns at a later stage.
I'm very keen to get the best value for these folks as they do tremendous work saving abandoned dogs and I don't want to recommend LEDs that will start playing up in a year or two. I've not previously had any call for the larger (150W +) LED floodlights and I'm generally skeptical of the new LED brand names that are flooding (..... yeah I did!) the market these days.
Obviously there is a benefit to the shelter's running costs if I can provide them with reliable LED floodlights as opposed to metal halides.
Any input would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Look at the LED floods on wholesaleledlights.co.uk , I’ve had quite a few from this company over the last 4 or 5 years with no problems.

I have just fitted 5 x 200W LED floodlights to light up a stables arena and I used the following http://www.belllighting.co.uk/fittings/SkylineProLEDFloodlightsWallpacks see item number 04421.

I cant talk about the longevity of them but they do appear to be quality lights. The customer was very happy with the light output and the spread of light. They also have a 5 year guarantee so they must feel confident with their product. They were easy to fit and Bell lighting were very helpful with lighting diagrams. They're not cheap but if they are placed 6m in the air you want something that is going to last for a good few years before you have to get back up there!

Also, be prepared for the inrush current from high powered LED lights ( I wasn't!). You will either needed a larger Type B MCB than expected or use a Type C. Even with the Type C Bell lighting recommended a larger rating. See this thread for more info Advice regarding inrush current please? - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/threads/advice-regarding-inrush-current-please.168606/page-3#post-1455916

Last edited:
I retract my osram ledvance and recommend bell. We had 4 200w ledvance fail out of 30 after less than a year. Bell give 5 year warranty and I've been advised by CEF that they come out themselves to replace them if within 3 years. Can't go wrong with that

Can not advise on 200 watt fittings but am becoming more sceptical about the so called life of fittings to the point where I am now starting to write installation dates and name of supplier on back of fittings. I fitted two 30 watt fittings over a farm yard in Oct 2015 and two weeks ago fitted the 3rd replacement fitting.

I retract my osram ledvance and recommend bell. We had 4 200w ledvance fail out of 30 after less than a year. Bell give 5 year warranty and I've been advised by CEF that they come out themselves to replace them if within 3 years. Can't go wrong with that
Bell?

Poor quality light bulbs in my book

Reply to Looking for 200W LED Floodlight brand recommendations in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock