Discuss Looking for a back box sds sort of chisel in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Does any one know the name of this sds chisel in the photo I've had it a while but cannot find another or what it's called, it's great for doing neat back box cuts in brickLooking for a back box sds sort of chisel IMG_20190917_090213 - EletriciansForums.net

What's the odds of two people wanting one of these at the same time? Are you sure you aren't the same person? Has anyone ever seen you both at the same time?

these things are the Rab C Nesbitts of the electrical world..... they don't work.

Armeg do a channelling bit,swear there was a thread asking to identify the tool, thought it was this one.

https://www.screwflix..com/p/armeg-...nbjw89siuFXtlGWtINhqPc_uTK2jpzCsaAi0pEALw_wcB

these are brilliant. takes the hard work out of sinking boxes.
( n.b. not suitalle for small children or dry lining):
https://www.screwflix..com/p/dewalt-sds-plus-shank-comb-chisel-32-x-200mm/4326v

these are brilliant. takes the hard work out of sinking boxes.
( n.b. not suitalle for small children or dry lining):
https://www.screwflix..com/p/dewalt-sds-plus-shank-comb-chisel-32-x-200mm/4326v

They're brilliant, all the bricklayers used them as their weapon of choice for demolition, chopping out old brickwork, cutting in doorways etc etc.
If I remember correctly they called them rex (or possibly wrecks) tools.

They kept them closely guarded but I managed to get hold of one for chasing.
[automerge]1577659169[/automerge]
Stitch drill it?

Stitch drilling basically means drilling a series of overlapping holes in something.

I believe the term originates from a method of repairing cracks in cast iron items known as stitching. This was described to me by my grandfather something like this: A hole is drilled at the root of the crack, tapped then a brass screw threaded in and cut off flush. Then another hole drilled overlapping the brass screw slightly, tapped and another screw inserted and cut off. This being repeated all the way along the crack.
I've got a feeling there may be more steps in tbe process but that's the general idea.

Last edited:

Reply to Looking for a back box sds sort of chisel in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock