Discuss Looking for a piece of kit in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

wattsup

Jeez I get some enquiries lately...

I need to price for a warning bell when demand exceeds 60amps ac.

I guess I would need to wire an ammeter, which somehow sends a signal to a relay which in turn would trigger the bell. Is there such a thing available, how do you search for such a device? Or will it need to be made to order?

I've found a wireless device where a couple of magnet type thingies fit arround supply cable, but it just gives a remote visual on current drawn and I guess it wouldn't work if transmitting through several walls.

What would the device be called ? Anyone any ideas for search queries

Current sensing relay. Run the conductor being monitored through the "doughnut" on the relay. I used one of these recently to turn on a beacon when a conveyor motor was running:

AC Current Sensing Relay

Looking for a piece of kit {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

RS should do something.

There are panel mounting ammeters with high/low relay points. Or there are pump monitors for over-current or under-current, which are a bit like the thing MDSHUNK suggested.

Thanks guys,
md I like that piece of kit, exactly what I'm looking for, all bundled together nicely. Can I connect 230v?. Without emailing them I can't find a price either.

Reply to Looking for a piece of kit in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock