Discuss Looking for a replacement electrical panel cover 12 space its driving me batty in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a small condo and the panel cover broke off the load center/box (i think thats what you call it)

It looks like this one https://www.homedepot.com/p/Eaton-B...LyEznbxPv8NPX39KlycaAkW2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

But its a 12 space and measures 16.5 x 11.5. I have attached a few pictures. I took it to a electrical supply place near me and they said it was a "unicorn" and that it would be hard to find. I have scoured the interwebs and am coming up short. Now, I am posting for any advice.

Its an Eaton Cutler Hammer series, but I couldn't pull a model number because of how old and painted over it is. Could I just fix the cover then put the panel cover back on somehow? I can solder and am fairly handy so willing to try things. Is there a generic cover that might work? Its the odd size that is throwing me off and I just can't seem to find a replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200306_124628.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200212_120850.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200306_121638.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 10
Just mend the hinges the cover looks fine.

The hinge is fine but the part that goes into the hinge are all snapped off. I added new pictures of the cover to clarify. The metal is thin as well so I don't know how I would be able to mend this? Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20200307_140310.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200307_140316 (1).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200307_140401.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 4
I wouldn't worry too much it isn't a safety issue. You could probably fit a couple of small hinges and rivet them on.

Reply to Looking for a replacement electrical panel cover 12 space its driving me batty in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net