Discuss Lucien's new video channel - first project. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lucien Nunes

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm going to make videos. Yes. Must make videos. So this here's not a video but I promise I'm making one to go with it.
My workshop is very full, been flat out over the 'holiday'. There's a broad range of different projects on the go, that you won't usually see in the same place. Here's one of the fun ones which will unfold over the next few days.

Attachments

• 16097563778944491209979417480083.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 1609756394962100794254897848087.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 70
Note the unusual motor voltage.

I'm going to make videos. Yes. Must make videos. So this here's not a video but I promise I'm making one to go with it.
My workshop is very full, been flat out over the 'holiday'. There's a broad range of different projects on the go, that you won't usually see in the same place. Here's one of the fun ones which will unfold over the next few days.
air raid siren WW2?

A bit smaller than that, and it isn't supposed to make any noise

They made quite a lot of small motors for other applications

Get a YouTube channel sorted and upload them on there. Then we get notifications of new vids.

It's time consuming, both to shoot and edit, and time is something I am always short of, hence the challenge of getting around to it. I was going to start simple, by documenting some of my daily activities like the YouTube sparks. I cover a wide range of stuff, from modern to vintage, electrical power to microelectronics, for a number of different industries although at the moment much of it is for the film industry. It will be easier to get cracking by pointing my phone at what I am doing and talking while I do it, rather than making proper informational material for the museum.

Actually there is a weird paradox here, I'm sitting in the workshop surrounded by movie-making gear, but it's almost impossible to find the time needed to point a camera at an object and talk about it. FWIW I've been making custom equipment for feature film production for 25+ years, I don't often actually work on set so I don't often appear in the credits (most recent was Christopher Nolan's Tenet) but many UK feature productions involve some of my gear in the workflow somewhere.

So we'll start with some simple fly-on-the-wall bits and bobs, and at first they might literally be mobile phone videos, then see whether enough hours can be clawed back to make something a bit more classy.

What you describe sounds really good subject material. Your involvement with preserving historical aspects of electrical manufacturing is again a fascinating area. And what you are involved in sounds amazing. I suggest you get someone who has the time to volunteer and do some filming while you work/narrate, it sounds like it is too valuable heritage wise to lose to you getting aroundtuit.

Well that's exactly the problem. Whenever anybody is available to help, the best use of our time is to put the camera down and get shifting and sorting. Then we need someone else to wield the camera. And if that person is available, they muck in with the shifting. Etc.

Hence my minor brainwave, to break the deadlock by not actually making 'real' videos with 'real' production values, but to get into the flow with random stuff that can be done with minimum time input.

Just fix a GoPro to a headband of some sort... Job done. We will watch.

GoPro + headband = easy shooting.
Easy shooting * lots to do = editing overload.
You offering to sort it all out?

Agreed....it's a lot easier to find 10 minutes of footage,from 20 minutes of filming,rather than a day's worth?
Fair play to you,Lucien,to at least bring news of interest....been a lot of dull talk on other things,of late...apparently...?

Reply to Lucien's new video channel - first project. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net