Discuss Mains LED spike lights failing in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any failures recently with their mains LED garden spike lights?

Have had 2 go completely and one that's barely got any output in the space of a few weeks. Using Deltech lights and can't say I've had a problem before but what with the cold weather who can say.

Haven't tested the armoured cable yet as two path bollards are working fine.

Bad luck or bad batch!

Si

Yes that is something I'm going to look at post Easter weekend just curious if there has been a cold blight on LEDs.

Added complications of buying through the wholesalers as well so 24 month warranty requires an invoice from Deltech apparently. And some of the flexes cut down so there may be the 'not original condition' argument.

Finding more frequently IP65 rated kit increasingly failing due to water ingress or condensation in the fitting or pir.

I don't see how buying through wholesalers will be an issue on warranty, most likely Deltech won't sell direct to you anyway.

I'd contact wholesalers I purchased them from and get them to arrange 2 replacement fittings and return the faulty ones for a credit note.

Reply to Mains LED spike lights failing in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve have some ten year old Collingwood SL020 RGB led garden spike lights which I’d like to keep using but wondering if I can use them with...
Replies
Views
Hello all- I hope this is the right place to ask this question. A few weeks ago the LED lights in the kitchen started flickering intermittently...
Replies
Views
Just after some general advice. Been asked to look at a job where a builder/landscaper has already laid cable for some garden lighting.1.5mm 3...
Replies
Views
I have a issue with lights flickering in my home. Specifically led lights. I’ve bought a lot of brands of led lights and even most of the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock