Discuss mains supply in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

richardb

Hi I am an idustrial spark and am not registered to part p. I have been looking at a friends new house he has a m/clad 60A switch fuse spur fed by 25mm tails from the suppliers meter in his basement. This feeds his c/u via 2c 10mm swa, is this ok or does it need to be upgraded. I dont see a problem the cable is rated at more than 60A the armour is the cpc and I cant find a reg against it, but I dont know the Part P regs. Any ideas,thanks.

As long as the cable is suitably rated for the 60A sw fuse then its fine. Must admit though, im not sure i would Be happy leaving it like that

Of course, providing the sub main doesnt run for hundreds of meters!

Thamks Jason, Im of the same mind its not ideal but not technically wrong.
Fortunatley I not allowed to change it for him. A friend in need is a pain in the ****! I like this part P i dont have to do have to do mates favors anymore lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Part p is a nightmare for the installation industry, but at least industrial/maintenance sparks are having some advantage out of it A friend in need can be turned down now without fall out
Isn't it a rediculous state of affairs when undertrained inexperienced people are flooding the industry that well trained sparks in installation and maintenance are effectively excluded from performing their trade without the registration expense or the labc fees

Reply to mains supply in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hello. Just a lowly homeowner here who is beginning to panic after a major house renovation regarding relocation of the main supply cable to the...
Replies
Views
Just taken deilvery of an Electric Car (Mini Electric) and so doing some research into installing a charge point. Supply is a standard Single...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock