uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss mains supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

richardb

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi I am an idustrial spark and am not registered to part p. I have been looking at a friends new house he has a m/clad 60A switch fuse spur fed by 25mm tails from the suppliers meter in his basement. This feeds his c/u via 2c 10mm swa, is this ok or does it need to be upgraded. I dont see a problem the cable is rated at more than 60A the armour is the cpc and I cant find a reg against it, but I dont know the Part P regs. Any ideas,thanks.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As long as the cable is suitably rated for the 60A sw fuse then its fine. Must admit though, im not sure i would Be happy leaving it like that

Of course, providing the sub main doesnt run for hundreds of meters!

R

richardb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thamks Jason, Im of the same mind its not ideal but not technically wrong.
Fortunatley I not allowed to change it for him. A friend in need is a pain in the ****! I like this part P i dont have to do have to do mates favors anymore lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
Part p is a nightmare for the installation industry, but at least industrial/maintenance sparks are having some advantage out of it A friend in need can be turned down now without fall out
Isn't it a rediculous state of affairs when undertrained inexperienced people are flooding the industry that well trained sparks in installation and maintenance are effectively excluded from performing their trade without the registration expense or the labc fees

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to mains supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom