Discuss Marxman hole marker in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

So the UK stockists are Wickes and Screwfix ..... Says it all... Aimed at DIYers or bodgers
Maybe, but if you developed a product like that, getting it into Wickes and Screwfix would be a good way of increasing product sales.

I'm a sucker for toys. Think I might give it a try.

I remember seeing the pitch on Dragons Den, Can't remember if anyone invested, though.
I thought it looked a good idea as it got where a pencil couldn't I.E. through a 3x3 post etc.

I was prepared to be unimpressed but - I like that, a genuinely good idea as long as it's not more than £3.99. I'm going to check now

Don't knock them until you try them. Can be bought for £7ish and meant to last 250 uses which I think would make it good value. Found it useful for marking fixing points for bulkheads onto roughcast walls where there is no other option.

My birthday is coming up - may send them a link. What better to buy someone for their 50th! Sob, sob, sob oh a Marxman pen sniff sniff, all better now!

I was bought them for Christmas and they lay there until a fortnight ago, I found them good for marking drill holes in breezeblock, in particular the kitchen and you want everything to stay level, and the screw holes on weatherproof sockets are another good use, but on checking online and seeing the price of £8.95, I'll see how long this one lasts and decide if there'll be future purchases.

£7.99 in wicks the other week when i bought mine.

Its great I love it, it was on Dragons Den I seen it and instantly said to the missus I need that, normally have to try and scrape a mark with a thin screwdriver, this is good but only got holes up to 45mm.

The fixing holes on weatherproof sockets are 50-60mm at a guess, which is why I mentioned those, I used the screwdriver method, but I struggle to keep them level when I've drilled and plugged the holes I've marked. Even on smooth walls lol

What on earth is a long nib marker - totally new to me. What's it used for?
It's like a picture of a fish they bring up from the deep all weird looking and new!
It does what is says on the, er, "tin cover" : for marking deep holes and inspections.
Also useful for getting close to the edge of an outline.

Reply to Marxman hole marker in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock