Discuss Massive repair washer / gland adaptor? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I want to put a 16mm compression gland into an oversized round plate, say 100mm dia or smaller, basically to act as a stopper against a loose object it's supporting (this is a custom stage light). 1mm-ish sheet steel would be ideal but before I go diving around the skip bins of sheet metal companies or seeing how blunt my holesaws are, is there anything like this off the shelf that I haven't come across?

You couldn't work with something as small as a conduit box lid?

Unless it needs to be round, I'd be inclined to take a grinder to some trunking lid.
that's not a bad shout, cheers (or a holesaw to some conduit)

You couldn't work with something as small as a conduit box lid?

Unless it needs to be round, I'd be inclined to take a grinder to some trunking lid.
Or even just some tray....

Steel discs on fleabay (if you don't mind cutting the hole in the middle)!
eg:
Is 2mm too thick?

Reply to Massive repair washer / gland adaptor? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock