Discuss Megger 1730 not running PEFC PSSC tests in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
As title, select the correct settings L-L L-E on left and As on right, am unable to change mode (2Lo 2Hi etc.

Screen comes up with <50v but does nothing else.

Any ideas? Runs continuity and IR fine, not tried RCD

TL;DR
Megger 1730 not running PSSC PEFC
Not an expert but I remember that those tests don’t get done if a fault is identified in the setup.

also the Martindale I have won’t do these tests if the mains voltage is too low. <198 volts! In its case

your message <50 volts may be this message.

Could it be the probes are on the wrong way round?

don’t

Not an expert but I remember that those tests don’t get done if a fault is identified in the setup.

also the Martindale I have won’t do these tests if the mains voltage is too low. <198 volts! In its case

your message <50 volts may be this message.

Could it be the probes are on the wrong way round?

don’t
To be fair i was trying it on the college test rig wihch was plugged in and livened up to 400v, now whether or not the rig is goosed or has assessment power resistors in circuit throwing my tester i don't know, will try it at home and see what happens

if it reads <50V it won't perform a live test.

Im running 1.07 on it, trying at home I can run a test but can't cycle 2lo 2hi etc, watching the instruction videos and appears to be on 2.05 so maybe it's a firmware issue

Pretty certain it's firmware now, the 2.05 version in the instructional video for 1730 has a setting LPE which controls 2Hi and 2Lo current test. Males sense if this isn't there then there are no alternative modes to select. Gave Megger a shout on twitter to see how much it's going to sting me to get the firmware updates.

Pretty certain it's firmware now, the 2.05 version in the instructional video for 1730 has a setting LPE which controls 2Hi and 2Lo current test. Males sense if this isn't there then there are no alternative modes to select. Gave Megger a shout on twitter to see how much it's going to sting me to get the firmware updates.
Think Megger have a default fee for any repairs, at which they’ll also do firmware update; I got charged £280 if I recall. One of their engineers Ian Banstead (think that’s his name), knows all there is about their meters, could try speaking to him.

You could try forum sponsor Test Meter.

Reply to Megger 1730 not running PEFC PSSC tests in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net