Currently reading:
UK MEM Eaton RCBO PODs

Discuss MEM Eaton RCBO PODs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the MEM Eaton MR30 and the H30 to convert MCB's to RCBO's?
Cheers in advance.
Looking at the products, the MR30 'pod' converts any standard Eaton SP or SP+N MCB into an RCBO, whereas the H30 device is an RCBO, which can be used to replace a standard Eaton MCB. For more accurate information you could contact Eaton Technical Support [email protected], a reply can take up to 48 hours.

Looking at the products, the MR30 'pod' converts any standard Eaton SP or SP+N MCB into an RCBO, whereas the H30 device is an RCBO, which can be used to replace a standard Eaton MCB. For more accurate information you could contact Eaton Technical Support [email protected], a reply can take up to 48 hours.
Thanks Shane,
I've seen both type listed on a site and they look identical! I'll email the support you've listed.

I don't know the exact reason but would it be anything to do with mechanical and electronic actions of the pod?. I say this because in a previous job we had these fitted and i remember with the one type our communications radios button only had to be pressed and the whole row of rcbo's operated on their own but when i changed them to the other type, they were fine.

Can't for the life of me remember which was which (old age lol) but might give someone more knowledgeable than me a bit of a starting point

Yes, we couldn't work out for ages what was causing the rcbo's to trip looking at all sorts of things as you can imagine, then one day i was in the vicinity of the MEM board and used my radio to speak to the boss and the rcbo's went off like a row of dominoes. Very strange.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to MEM Eaton RCBO PODs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net