Discuss Mi-led controllers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Megavolt

Hi

I am struggling with a 4 zone mi-light controls setup. I have email them but they are useless. Has anyone managed to get one of there colour led wifi controllers working.

If no I am will to cut my losses and get another setup. Can anyone recommend a good make

Thanks

What setup are you using on the MI-lights, let me know I might be able to help did one of these once for a customer and it easy.
Have a look on ledhut they do led wifi,

that link just shows the remote,s,down I do not know what kit you have got, but all you have got to do is plug all laps,led tape up, down load app to phone , then plug wifi bit,if using iphone go to settings, wifi and pick the one that MI-light number, then just go round and register all laps/tapes up, this is done by just using your app on the phone just follow what the app is telling you what to do,when you got all that setup then you can use the app to connect to your home wifi so you can use it when your out and about.
if this does not make any sense I apologise and re-post when i get back into sober mode

a1ade891631eb0a85db3d8e444b9c225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Egg67. Thanks for post. Posted pic above of my setup. I have tried that but nothing worked. Possible a faulty set up I have just didn't have any confidence in it after there rubbish customer service. I will try and get them to send me a new setup out.

I used to get my gear from “downlighters direct” and never had any problems with it. But I think “LED Hut” have keener prices.

With most wifi systems, you have to pair the devices (just like Bluetooth) before they will work. Are there any dip switches on the devices?

Have you tried to set up just using the remote ?
Customer service is crap think it's one of those companies that just like to sell and not help,

I used to get my gear from “downlighters direct” and never had any problems with it. But I think “LED Hut” have keener prices.

With most wifi systems, you have to pair the devices (just like Bluetooth) before they will work. Are there any dip switches on the devices?

No there's no dip switches on them.

Have you tried to set up just using the remote ?
Customer service is crap think it's one of those companies that just like to sell and not help,

Yes not even working with remote. Will see if I get a response from my email to them. Not holding my breath

This might sound like a stupid question, but you are also using a dimmable LED driver? Or have you wired the LED tape straight into the mi-light controller...lol.

Reply to Mi-led controllers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net