Discuss more DIY/MULTI TRADES than ever NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kung

Dont know about any of you but i see more and more multi trade/diy/maintenance vans/sole traders with electrical work on them NICEIC domestic installer logo's eg :-
TILING
PAINTING
PLASTERING
PLUMBING
GARDENING
BUILDING
DIY
MAINTENANCE
ALL ELECTRICAL
PIZZA'S
SANDWICHES
COFFEE
TEA
SLIPPER REPAIR
SHOE SALES
ROOFING
ETC ETC
All the ones ive seen have :-
NICEIC DOMESTIC INSTALLER logo's on them !
mow your grans lawn in morning and rewire your caravan in afternoon !
always seem to be working as well !
is it worth me taking more courses or what ? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
***** most of them, beware never employ someone who knocks on your door.

MOD EDIT - Please gents, we dont want to offend anyone.
Thanks.

Dont know about any of you but i see more and more multi trade/diy/maintenance vans/sole traders with electrical work on them NICEIC domestic installer logo's eg :-
TILING
PAINTING
PLASTERING
PLUMBING
GARDENING
BUILDING
DIY
MAINTENANCE
ALL ELECTRICAL
PIZZA'S
SANDWICHES
COFFEE
TEA
SLIPPER REPAIR
SHOE SALES
ROOFING
ETC ETC
All the ones ive seen have :-
NICEIC DOMESTIC INSTALLER logo's on them !
mow your grans lawn in morning and rewire your caravan in afternoon !
always seem to be working as well !
is it worth me taking more courses or what ? :confused:

hi there

Well it all depends upon what is defined as multi-skilled. i think that more trade bodies are demanding that there workers need to be multi faceted in nearly all aspects of the work place.

As technology progresses there will be some highly skilled workers and other who for various reason swill not be able to this. So everyone needs work to live and to become multiskilled takes time and effort training courses etc.

The law of the jungle will soon weed out the genuine multiskilled, so should you consider what you have to offer against what they are trying to do.

ie does the pizza guy install pizza oven's rather than cooking them :confused:

i like eating them but that's me :D

What i am trying to suggest is that more and more things are becoming controlled by electrical , electronic systems which may with new legislation require people that used to just plug it in now to wire it in.

This is the case with the part p that used not to affect gas installer etc :rolleyes:

Does the guy cutting the grass install an rcd to protect the cable inside the house before he fills out his method statement following his risk assessment.:p

Does he PAT test the kettle before his tea break:eek:

Then submit his certification :cool:

Cheers

kung

they were going to accept one from undertakers trade body but they refuse to issue one

the reason it was just another dying trade :D

:D

What ? my smiley faces have been replaced with :d ? this ent on !

kung

they were going to accept one from undertakers trade body but they refuse to issue one

the reason it was just another dying trade :D:D:D

done it again :D ! have i been banned from :D ?:p
oh works now !

MOD EDIT:You can only use 10 images in a post:p

surely this is a good thing :confused:

i seem to lose most of my work to others that undercut me by not having the same overheads :mad:

its good to see so many people toeing the same line we have to ;)

Reply to more DIY/MULTI TRADES than ever NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock