Discuss More than one circuit on a breaker; what code, plz! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Goody

-
Reaction score
What code should I give where a breaker serves more than one circuit , please see the picture. Could I suggest a CU change as I could not find another breaker of similar type to stick the other circuit to? The reg. says you can spur off using a JB, at the socket or at a breaker. What is your opinion, guys?

Cheers!

IMG_0149.jpg

What code should I give where a breaker serves more than one circuit , please see the picture. Could I suggest a CU change as I could not find another breaker of similar type to stick the other circuit to? The reg. says you can spur off using a JB, at the socket or at a breaker. What is your opinion, guys?

Cheers!

View attachment 9006
What regulation would you quote to say it's a problem. Technically there is no violation by doing that. Although it's not good practice IMHO as home owner can't easily isolate one circuit only that way (unless they have the skill to isolate and remove the other core of course!).

ok my ring circuit is not a ring but i stick a 32 amp fuse in . now what code could that be a 1
i have a radial circuit on a 32 and stick a lighting cicuit into it as well so he must find out what the two wires are
though hie has not mentioned different size cable :tounge_smile:

I'm a little lost with that post!

You say your 'ring circuit' is not a ring though you call it a ring? It's a radial circuit which is incorrectly supplied by a 32A OPD. Most likely that would result in a code 2.
Was it designed to be a ring final and as such has suffered cable damage?

Exactly what are we supposed to be looking at? The three 2.5s in that 30A? Is that a RFC and a spur? If so, that's okay. Or is it something else? if so, please explain and I'm sure you can get a better answer.

also, you have an unused way in that board. split the circuits and fit a 16A? fuse and carrier in the unused way.

Reply to More than one circuit on a breaker; what code, plz! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net