Discuss Multifunctional Testers - Which one have you got and how long has it lasted? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

If you want. Do you just want the unit or all the gubbins with it as well such as leads etc?

You can also have the calibration cert that's less than two months old... ??
leads would come in useful. how much do you need for it?

great. address pm'd.

megger 1553, 2008 vintage. bought 2nd hand from a forum member 7 years ago. never missed a beat and passed every calibration since.

My trusty Megger 1552 died last Saturday, keeps on blowing the fuses and tripping RCDs on the no trip setting. I was due a new tester after nearly ten years of arduous service, opted for Metrel in the end:
I have various digital bits of kit and found that the ones with coloured screen eat batteries i.e. charge only last hours instead of days, how does your Metrel compare to your old Megger, or have you not used it enough to form an opinion, purely an academic interest.

I have various digital bits of kit and found that the ones with coloured screen eat batteries i.e. charge only last hours instead of days, how does your Metrel compare to your old Megger, or have you not used it enough to form an opinion, purely an academic interest.
It has it's quirks but don't they all.

I've used Metrel in the past and found them to be comparable to Megger. Yes the leads are on a moulded plug, the RCD test sequence is the wrong way round etc but they are quirks rather than problems.

I haven't fully abused it yet but give it time... ?

Megger 1711 here, only had it a month but then I bought it based on the fact that this beast passed down to me by another spark still works. (Plus bonus Robin IR tester in stylish leather case)

B

Attachments

• Multifunctional Testers - Which one have you got and how long has it lasted? 97787092-8BA8-4CF2-933C-72086C04B74C - EletriciansForums.net
    97787092-8BA8-4CF2-933C-72086C04B74C.jpeg
    601.4 KB · Views: 10
Megger 1553 from around 2008, never missed a beat and Megger 1720 (Vintage unknown but I've had for 3 1/2 years now.) It was saved from ending up in a skip as it wasn't carrying out Zs tests quick tinker later and a little drop of solder and it works like new and at calibration the results are spot on every year.
More personal preference really but the meggers are unbeatable in my book.

Fluke 1662, Does me very well, probably doesnt do as much testing as some on here do, but when I am working i does a bear minimum of high current and no trip loop impedance test every day

Alot say they like the fluke case, the hindge broke in no time on mine and i dont rate it that much, but I am used to using Pelican case and flight cases

Metrel mi3100. Bought in a hurry as a necessary replacement. Main attraction? Price. However its proven itself as really reliable over last 8 years. My biggest worry with MFT, s are the couriers taking them for calibration.

I drop mine off to the place myself, As i hear what your saying about courier

Martindale/instrotech in Watford do my calibration and its only a 30mins drive away so works out well

Love the Fluke case, about the most hard wearing case I have seen for any MFT.
I'll second that Mike, after owning a martindale ET4500 for 2 years, not liking the soft case but liking the tester I ordered a Fluke case for it. I paid over £40 just for the case but I'm glad I did now. I have no idea why other manufacturers don't do something similar.

Reply to Multifunctional Testers - Which one have you got and how long has it lasted? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock