Discuss Multifunctional Testers - Which one have you got and how long has it lasted? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have noticed that when doing a no-trip loop test with my fluke 1662, sometimes it will trip an RCD but then after reseting the RCD (no other changes) it doesn't trip again, I wonder if the fluke adjusts the current it uses for the test if it knows it tripped the RCD the first time round

I have noticed that when doing a no-trip loop test with my fluke 1662, sometimes it will trip an RCD but then after reseting the RCD (no other changes) it doesn't trip again, I wonder if the fluke adjusts the current it uses for the test if it knows it tripped the RCD the first time round
Maybe it was just a fluke

Never had that with either the 1663 or the 1664, I should think your MFT is due a service?

We kissed and made up
To be fair the posts reads 'dodger', not 'codger', even if 'dodger' was meant as a truncation of 'coffin dodger', is it offensive, I mean really? I can't see how it can be taken as such, And so what of you're playing limbo with the reaper's scythe, what is it of anyone elses problem? I mean you're being commended for not having carked it, not that the people is wishing you dead, the latter of course would likely offend.

codger, coffin dodger. all just terms for us decrepit old fookers. i never take offence. a gate is easier to shift.

Multimeter or Multifunction tester?
MFT is a multi function tester
DMM is a digital multimeter
I was commenting on the fact that I have had both. I once took on the mighty Fluke company when I sent my IR temperature meter for calibration and it came back with certificate saying at 100 degrees it read 96 and at 0 degrees it read -4 degrees.
I boiled some water in a pot and it read 100 degrees then stirred melting ice in another pot and it read 0 degrees. I contacted them inviting their response to my findings and they said they would be coming down to where I lived in a few days and could I meet them there.
When they arrived they unloaded some kit and tested my thermometer again and the readings confirmed my results. They looked puzzled, so I pointed out I was at sea level and their company was in Johannesburg, 1,700 metres above sea level.
I asked them to send me another calibration certificate showing that my thermometer was reading correctly and they did.
They offered to sell me a high end calibration kit, but I declined saying that I understand the relationship between specific gravity and temperature, and had a pot to check my IR thermometer with.
This is an Electrician teaching school science to representatives from a respected international company.

Last edited:
Sorry, still new at this, thought it was an open thread

All posts are welcome. Worth checking if people have replied to a particular post though - it will be highlighted with an orange box - just to get the context of things.

Metrel 3102BT upgraded from an old and trusted HT Italia combitest 2019. Partially because I bought the Metrel EV charger with it as the total deal was at a special price
Use a Metrel 3309 Delta PAT for the appliances

Reply to Multifunctional Testers - Which one have you got and how long has it lasted? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock