Discuss My Fluke1662 has display but will not test, press test button nothing happens? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Two things that occurred to me this morning;

1) if you’re trying to do a loop test and the tester doesn’t detect any voltage present it won’t do anything. The 1664 gives a shrill screech type sound to tell you something is wrong, not sure if the 1662 does.

2) I’m pretty sure the touchpad round the test button can inhibit some of the tests if you’ve not made contact with it and the test button (you’re wearing gloves for example).

Two things that occurred to me this morning;

1) if you’re trying to do a loop test and the tester doesn’t detect any voltage present it won’t do anything. The 1664 gives a shrill screech type sound to tell you something is wrong, not sure if the 1662 does.

2) I’m pretty sure the touchpad round the test button can inhibit some of the tests if you’ve not made contact with it and the test button (you’re wearing gloves for example).

My 1662 makes the shrill sound, when it's unhappy and doesn't want to test

Reply to My Fluke1662 has display but will not test, press test button nothing happens? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning everyone I’ve recently bought a fluke 1662 as my megger 1741 broke on a site last week. Does the fluke have the same capability as the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Corby 7700 trouser press it is a 220w model, 3 years 10 month old. On Friday it stopped working, so I took it to the garage ready...
Replies
Views
What's the difference between these rcb? I have 380/s030 rcb where when press test button it doesn't work. Can I replace with 380/a030 or it has...
Replies
Views
Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views
Im making this cct for fun. Ive seen it in a video on youtube, with different IC's. So I decided to adapt the cct to what IC's I already have. And...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock