Discuss My HV circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

spud gun, I want it to make a spark and ignite gases, and it is not portable. Will the 60kV kill the 12V 230 VAC - 12 VDC?
You did not answer my question, will it work? I dont wanna kill myself in the try

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, I am going to electrics school next year. Even so I will do it without your response, the noly question is if you are gone help me not get hurt, or maybe my gear.

Spud gun is a handhold canon powered by hydrocarbon gases with an electric ignition system (preferably a tazer or ligther igniter) so that no preassure is realesed unnecesery. It is very amusing in controlled enviroments you crybaby, now, what about some answers. Tazers are illegal in my country, and lighter igniters are always getting destroyed because of small movement, some help now?

Sorry mate, was only playing.

A Spud gun you say eh? Hmmm, interesting.

Be patient, someone will be along shortly who can advise you much better than I can, it can sometimes take a day for a reply.

"Tazers are illegal in my country, and lighter igniters are always getting destroyed because of small movement, some help now?"

*Breaks out in a cold sweat*

"Yeah, actually I take it back. I'm VERY worried now!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, at risk of sounding sensible - I think maybe you shouldn't be posting things like this. It seems a little fanatical and really, if it is dangerous in any way should not be attempted unless you really know what you are doing. Maybe best posting this elsewhere? This is not a forum for advice on how to manufacture 'weapons'.

I see your point as a resposible fellow man and that it may seem like weapon, but theoretickly I can't die from this unless i get water on my fingers in the 12v department and there are plenty of tazer recipes out there. If this is not the forum, I shall go to another forum for advice on the matter, maybe the Anarchist Cookbook forum will be more responding.

Anyway, no it wont work!!!

the col needs an interrupted primary (12V DCside) to be avble to induce into the HV secondary. thats why vehicles use Contact breakers (old system) or things hall effect chips picking up interrupted magnetic fields from a rotor to drive an electronic interrupter circuit. The resistors will just let DC through, so there will be a minute spark when you switch on, and a slightly larger one when you switch off. A vehicle coil is interrupted thousands of times a minute.

DONT TRY THIS AT HOME etc etc etc

Cheers babysitters, I have made my HV circuit and according to my calculations its about 40kV, I have made it from an old computer screen, and I am very fond of it, here are som videos of the result, there are wast amounts about old tv-hacks. On the link i plosted there are many links if you would care to view. Have you ever heard the loud peeping noise (10kHz to 17kHz) from tv's that is a HV circuit going into the phosphorus gas inside the monitor. I would like to here your thoughts on the matter.

Tesla 1 - Putfile.com

Reply to My HV circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock