NAPIT Certification Scheme Napit Ist Assessment

Discuss Napit Ist Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any ideas of work I could do I my own home for a 1st assessment. Struggling to think of anything that need doing. Something that you've already used for your own assessment.

Thanks.

What does Napit exactly ask for, should be your first question. You could go do some work in a family members property, if your own Consumer Unit doesn't require replacement.

Outside lighting supply, install and test, garage supply with CCU, House CCU, rewire, bathroom circuits upgrade.
I suspect that circuit design (access and use of manuals, data, regs), install, I&T, and form filling are likely to be the main criteria.

I like this idea. Would you do the sockets as a ring circuit?
You, as the designer of the new installation, are the person who makes this decision based on the customer's reqirements.
Hint1 if all that will be plugged in is a lawn mower or a couple of electric drills then A 16 or 20A radial will be all that is needed.
Hint2 a ring final opens up a lot more detailed testing issues that the NAPIT inspector can use to stretch your capabilities in his assessment. Radials is easier.

If you do a consumer Unit change, do you still need to install another circuit to meet 2 circuit requirements for Napit assessment or CU change itself is enough to meet the requirement?

If you do a consumer Unit change, do you still need to install another circuit to meet 2 circuit requirements for Napit assessment or CU change itself is enough to meet the requirement?
IMO, if you do a DB change you have theoretically changed the method of protection for all the circuits, therefore will now require retesting to complete a EIC...
Technically/theoretically you will have installed as many circuits as you have tested. I suggest you only show circuits you have installed and tested yourself. Others will have different views about this no doubt.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that in the NICEIC stuff they send somewhere now it says that the inspected job can't be at the person's house. Maybe they were getting people changing their CU every year just for inspection? I know I used that one year because there were no suitable local jobs that I could arrange access to.

Changed it the day before assessment too!

Apologies for the thread Hi-jack, but I also have my first assessment coming up soon. I have all the paperwork in place apart from the waste management policy. I'm a bit stumped on this one as I've never had to do this before. Is the assessor likely to insist on me having this in place? If so does anyone have any advice on how to compose one and what it needs to include please? Thanks in advance

Apologies for the thread Hi-jack, but I also have my first assessment coming up soon. I have all the paperwork in place apart from the waste management policy. I'm a bit stumped on this one as I've never had to do this before. Is the assessor likely to insist on me having this in place? If so does anyone have any advice on how to compose one and what it needs to include please? Thanks in advance
That's a new one on me. Is it Napit?

If it's anything like the other policies, then it will be a tick box at worst and they often provide a pdf template if you ask.

I assume it will be something along the lines of you will dispose of waste correctly, not flytip, recycle where required, etc etc.

This link might give you what you need, it mentions waste disposal practices, though it's dated 2006.

I recall having a discussion about this with my assessor (not NAPIT) a few years back, and the answer was "leave all waste with the customer".

I recall having a discussion about this with my assessor (not NAPIT) a few years back, and the answer was "leave all waste with the customer".

Seems the best idea to me! I did register for a free waste carrier license last year, though still not 100% clear on whether that covers me for anything - so safer to ask the clients to dispose of it.

I was registered with a waste licence, if you carry any waste in your vehicle, you need one. However, the lower tier one only allows you to carry waste generated by yourself. Such as new cable off cuts. If you remove existing cable, and carry that in your van, that license wouldn’t cover you. There was a story in the media some time ago, where a guy had a bag in his van (he’d didn’t have a license) to put all his sandwich wrappers etc in. He got stopped, and given a fpn for that.

Lower tier licence

Reply to Napit Ist Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock