NAPIT Certification Scheme Napit Ist Assessment

Discuss Napit Ist Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There was a story in the media some time ago, where a guy had a bag in his van (he’d didn’t have a license) to put all his sandwich wrappers etc in. He got stopped, and given a fpn for that.
So am I doing the right thing by throwing all my mcdonalds sandwich wrappers in the passenger footwell ?

I was registered with a waste licence, if you carry any waste in your vehicle, you need one. However, the lower tier one only allows you to carry waste generated by yourself. Such as new cable off cuts. If you remove existing cable, and carry that in your van, that license wouldn’t cover you. There was a story in the media some time ago, where a guy had a bag in his van (he’d didn’t have a license) to put all his sandwich wrappers etc in. He got stopped, and given a fpn for that.

Lower tier licence
I saw the same story I think which is what prompted me to get the free license - though clearly the story you mention was either more involved, or an over zealot official looking for a reason to issue a FPN.

But the site you linked is charging a fee like the scams they warn about. You can do it directly on gov.uk and it's free for lower tier (no renewal) or £154 for upper tier (3 years license) , rather than £42 or £293 on that site.

Only thing I try to take away from clients usually is old consumer units where I want to keep some of the parts as backups - in which case I don't consider it waste anyway, but stock.

I asked the environment agency direct for clarification on this last year after I paid for the full waste license. A very nice lady phoned me back and talked me through it. Any waste produced in relation to you carrying out your job as part of an install is permitted under the free waste carrier license but if you taking away waste caused by others or are being paid to remove waste then it’s the higher tier. They even refunded my higher tier payment. The biggest issue is how you dispose of the waste you take away which will involve some costs to you so you will have to pass this on to the customer. Then it can get messy as you are charging to take it away. I just had my 1st assessment today for NAPIT after being with Stroma for 4 years and he never asked me for a waste policy.

I asked the environment agency direct for clarification on this last year after I paid for the full waste license. A very nice lady phoned me back and talked me through it. Any waste produced in relation to you carrying out your job as part of an install is permitted under the free waste carrier license but if you taking away waste caused by others or are being paid to remove waste then it’s the higher tier. They even refunded my higher tier payment. The biggest issue is how you dispose of the waste you take away which will involve some costs to you so you will have to pass this on to the customer. Then it can get messy as you are charging to take it away. I just had my 1st assessment today for NAPIT after being with Stroma for 4 years and he never asked me for a waste policy.
That's useful to know. The wording on 'construction waste' was not very clear when I looked it up and seemed to be specifically excluded from some of the free requirements.

Reply to Napit Ist Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net