Discuss Need a nice to work with CU in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

LeeH

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Seeing the PV install is going to be starting soon I thought I'd treat my bungalow to a new CU and replace old 3036 one with an 8 way RCBO board. The only RCD's in the place are the plug top type I have on the extension leads. (Only been in here for a year)

I haven't had any dealings with a domestic board since collage so have no idea which one is pleasant to install.

We get great discounts with Schneider here so may look them.

I've come across a Marko board with RCBO's for £100. Although I probably need to add the cost of a fire extinguisher to that.

Thanks!

Hi,

The last three boards I've done I have used the metalclad board and compact RCBO's from SBS Dave. For what you are looking for, should come in under £150.00. A lot of people on here like hagar, that would be my second choice, but you have to factor in the RCBO cost.

Regards

Wouldn't go near the easy 9 board myself unless there was plenty of slack on the cables as the neutral bars are on the sides. There isn't a great deal of room once the rcbos are installed as well. I'd either recommend hager or mk myself. If it was mine though I'd look at double pole SBS rcbos.

Will the pv system actually need RCD protection?

I don't know, I have just told them I'll leave a spare 16A RCBO or MCB. Or whatever they request.

Thanks I'll go for the SBS board. It looks great, over never seen them before.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
They look the shizzle Lee, but I seem to be struggling finding SBS trade sales apart from a lot of posts from Dave on several forums.

Could you send that me as well please Leesparkykent ? I should give them a try after all the good things I've heard about them.

You should be on commission mate. :) Daz

Reply to Need a nice to work with CU in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock