Discuss New EICR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

they apply to all installations.

Oh thanks Murdoch, as the installations I have been testing are 400 Amp

In which case you are probably OK as I don't think that the amendment to BS 7671 specifies what certificate for above 100A. I'm sure that there will be people here with opinions!

as far as i know it is just for installations with upto 100A supply so anything bigger i would say is still a PIR but others with far more knowledge and experience may know better than I

Last edited:
The IETElectrical Installation Condition Report Certificates are for Domestic and SimilarPremises with up to 100amp supply.
Myunderstanding of BS7671 is that this is to be used from Jan 2012.
They can be downloaded from the IET website.

Wasn't aware of the 100Amp part. It's not an area I am likely to be looking at any time soon, but is a PIR what is still issued there then?

Been writing up my first "big" EICR tonight, 19 sodding pages. Don't know if its a software issue atm (I use Easycert) but too much double referencing for it all.

19 pages piddly small site that iv got 330 more to be added lol loads of dbs the same so the "Copy board" feature is earning its keep right now

The documentation is the same for supplies of 100A or greater with the exception of the inspection schedules.

It was decided that the schedules would only apply to supplies of 100A or less, no inspection schedules are necessary on supplies greater than 100A

The old style schedule of inspections is only to be used when new installation work is being certified.

The documentation is the same for supplies of 100A or greater with the exception of the inspection schedules.

It was decided that the schedules would only apply to supplies of 100A or less, no inspection schedules are necessary on supplies greater than 100A

The old style schedule of inspections is only to be used when new installation work is being certified.

I have just received inspection pads from the NICEIC for domestic and for supplies greater than 100amps. They have inspection schedules for both. The inspection schedule for the "greater than 100 amps condition reports" follows the regs with boxes to be filled in. Have an NIC inspection on the 9th of March so will ask what is required? seems there is confusion over this?:banghead:

I have just received inspection pads from the NICEIC for domestic and for supplies greater than 100amps. They have inspection schedules for both. The inspection schedule for the "greater than 100 amps condition reports" follows the regs with boxes to be filled in. Have an NIC inspection on the 9th of March so will ask what is required? seems there is confusion over this?:banghead:

Remember that the IET documentation is the minimum required but scheme providers can and normally do go their own way with paperwork.

Reply to New EICR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock