Discuss New Radial Circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

carlito79uk

I am looking at new wiring for a conservatory and cannot extend r spur from anywhere, so my only option is to add a new circuit from the consumer unit.

The 2.5mm twin and earth will come around the outside of my house (in conduit approx 15m) and into the conservatory

Below is the digram of connection i intend to use, i also intend to connect it in the consumer unit to a 20amp mcb.
New Radial Circuit {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Off the first switch fuse socket on the diagram will be a security light which will be connected via a normal flex about 4m and off the final switch fuse socket i intend ot have some pond electrics (using armoured cable approx 10m length run)

Could you please tell me are there any obvious errors or does everything seem acceptable.

Many thanks

I am looking at new wiring for a conservatory and cannot extend r spur from anywhere, so my only option is to add a new circuit from the consumer unit.

The 2.5mm twin and earth will come around the outside of my house (in conduit approx 15m) and into the conservatory

Below is the digram of connection i intend to use, i also intend to connect it in the consumer unit to a 20amp mcb.
New Radial Circuit {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Off the first switch fuse socket on the diagram will be a security light which will be connected via a normal flex about 4m and off the final switch fuse socket i intend ot have some pond electrics (using armoured cable approx 10m length run)

Could you please tell me are there any obvious errors or does everything seem acceptable.

Many thanks

apart from the obvious 30mA RCD requirement, cant see any contraventions anywhere:)

Im intending to use a 20amp mcb in the consumer unit to connect this to ................... is that suitable ?

you are going to fuse down in the first spur for security light i take it.

well he has fused down Paul, assuming he is using a 1362, its either 13 or 3 amp, and pesumably he will size his flex (presmably) accordingly

to the original poster, the 20A MCB is fine as long as its in an 30mA RCD protected way (but not the same one as lights feeding smokes for example) or else put it on a 20 A Type B RCBO

Reply to New Radial Circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock