Discuss New Trades Career in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hello, can somebody please offer me some insight to whether I am being scammed or not! I am very concerned after reading some of the things on this forum and online. I have recently signed up for the electrician course with ‘new trades career’. I guess I just want to know if I can definitely become and electrician/electrical installer after completing the necessary qualifications with this training provider and whether the qualifications will be valid and actually nationally approved. As mentioned in a previous post on this forum I cannot find any information about the training centres and I am very worried that I might be in the process of being scammed please help!
It's a proper training programme. I'm waiting for my invitation to sit exams this month or next month. Colleges are reopening for students from next week.
We have trainings on-line almost every week.

So you have actual training lessons online??
Beca
It's a proper training programme. I'm waiting for my invitation to sit exams this month or next month. Colleges are reopening for students from next week.
We have trainings on-line almost every week.
because as of yet I’ve only been given a text book and when I rang my tutor it was some bloke that said my tutor isn’t available at the moment

So you have actual training lessons online??
Yes we had plenty of live training for various subjects. Practical training will be at centres wherever you live. As i told you I'm waiting for my invitation for practical training and practical assessments once this current restrictions are lifted.

You will get access to your live trainings when you get to next levels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-162028_Chrome.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 15
Do your learning, submit your assessments online and you will get next study book after you finish this one. Also you will get access to more online lessons and modules..
1st book is the easy part ?. I've submitted my TMA 13 a few weeks ago.

Do your learning, submit your assessments online and you will get next study book after you finish this one. Also you will get access to more online lessons and modules..
1st book is the easy part ?. I've submitted my TMA 13 a few weeks ago.
Cheers bro, I guess what I’m wondering is are these qualifications definitely nationally approved as I have heard horror stories of people coming out of their college and their qualifications not being nationally approved or valid etc?

with this course you can apply to niceic as a domestic installer. self-employed knackering your back and knees rooting under floorboards etc it will not allow you to .to enter the industrial sector and be recognised as an electrician,

with this course you can apply to niceic as a domestic installer. self-employed knackering your back and knees rooting under floorboards etc it will not allow you to .to enter the industrial sector and be recognised as an electrician,
I’ve submitted my cancellation form I’m going to look elsewhere for a more trusted training provider I feel I rushed into this course too fast without exploring other options

The modules and lessons you've seen above yes that's the domestic part of the course. It's a full scope electrician course tho... i don't have access to industrial sector part of the course yet. Once I've passed this part i can move on to the second part of it.

The modules and lessons you've seen above yes that's the domestic part of the course. It's a full scope electrician course tho... i don't have access to industrial sector part of the course yet. Once I've passed this part i can move on to the second part of it.
You may well end up with the quals on paper but it won’t automatically mean anyone will employ you as an electrician, experience is everything in the commercial/industrial area I’m afraid, as above these short courses allow you work domestically but even then with no previous experience you’ll need to take it very slowly, obviously all education is good and please believe me I’m not trying to put anyone off here, I’m a domestic installer myself albeit alongside other trade quals, it is possible to make a living and change trades and there’s some very good electricians on here who have taken the same route you have and are testament to that ?

You may well end up with the quals on paper but it won’t automatically mean anyone will employ you as an electrician, experience is everything in the commercial/industrial area I’m afraid, as above these short courses allow you work domestically but even then with no previous experience you’ll need to take it very slowly, obviously all education is good and please believe me I’m not trying to put anyone off here, I’m a domestic installer myself albeit alongside other trade quals, it is possible to make a living and change trades and there’s some very good electricians on here who have taken the same route you have and are testament to that ?
2 years doesn't seem short at all to me. All students with them take 1.5-2 years to finish the complete course. Myself I'm turning year 3 this summer due to lockdown missing practical training

I study with them since 2018.
I've found them on an advert on Facebook, filled in my details. And they called one day after a while and to query if I'm interested. I got a 2 people interview at my home. They literally want to assess each candidate and evaluate them, to see of they are realy determined and keen to learn.
I'm half way through my training at the moment. I get my learning materials through post as I advance. Assements are submitted online after each module. 33 modules in total.
We also get pratctical training. A total of 5 weeks where you get your hands on and we can add all that work to our portfolio.
They work with many local colleges around the country i see. My training will be at one college in Southampton.
And cost was 7800, paid through Caledonian Consume something. I'm paying £180/month. I think is a 0% finance or so because the number of months are exactly £7800/180.
I've been a lazy learner so far. I will keep you updated as i go along. The course was excellent so far.
From your list below, is it just 2365 that you are doing? £7800 is a lot of money. Are you able to list all the courses that are included in that price?

Pulled from their site.

Domestic Electrical Installer​

• Part P Defined Scope
  • City & Guilds 2382 – 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations
  • Part P Full Scope
  • City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Building and Structures)
  • City & Guilds 2392 – Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification

Full Scope Electrician​

• Part P Defined Scope
  • City & Guilds 2382 – 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations
  • Part P Full Scope
  • 2391-52 Level 3 Award in inspection and testing
  • City & Guilds 2365 Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Building, Structures)
  • City & Guilds Level 3 NVQ
  • City & Guilds 2392 – Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification
  • AM2 (Achievement Measurement 2) Assessment

2 years doesn't seem short at all to me. All students with them take 1.5-2 years to finish the complete course. Myself I'm turning year 3 this summer due to lockdown missing practical training
How much actual site experience do you get in those 2 years?....which is my point the theory can be learned very quickly but translating it to real world jobs is the part that takes time, as I say I’m really not trying to put you off just make you aware

Hello all. Another newbie here. I currently work in customer services and looking to move into working as an electrician, either as self employer or working for a company. I am looking at Trade Skills 4 u and in particular, the domestic electrician course package and then try to find some work as an electricians mate to build up experience. I don't have any qualifications and very little experience (changing plug sockets). Would this be the best way for me? I did look at the apprenticeship route but as things stand, I wouldn't be able to take the drop in pay. I appreciate any guidance and understand that it won't be a case of completing the course and just becoming an electrician. Thanks.

Stay away from NTC... I run into a big issue with them last week. I'm waiting for a response from them and update you later. So far I've paid them £6,500
Good luck - hope you get it sorted. I will be interested in knowing what issues you had. I have been trying to weigh up between home learning (NTC) and Trade Skills 4u.

Hi everyone, I just had to respond to this thread having read all the negative comments re New Trades Career. This company has been part of the training platform for many years that provide skills through City & Guilds including NVQ which most institutions fail to provide. When I did my research which most people fail to do what I found was this was the only route that would give me the NVQ because of the access to their own construction development projects. They have various centres around the country Wolverhampton, Basildon, Featherstone, Elstree Southampton and Leeds. I find it hard to believe that anyone with an ounce of sense would sign up to a course without covering essential information. I was grateful that funding was available to do the course that would mean I could pay monthly with zero interest. That took a lot of pressure away from me. This is a training course that you do without having to stop working and that was a relief because who can afford to stop working. The theory is done at home along with access to training material through your own online website. The practicals when ready are done in Centre and they gave me an option of weekends or weeks. The set up Is fantastic. It's up to you how consistent you are and how long you take. The course can run up to 36 months but can be done sooner and you have an option to start work once you have completed your level 2 I'm doing the Renewable Course (plumbing first) and so far it's been great. Most people I see moaning about this course is unjust imo and no fault of the company If you can't afford the course or find it too hard. The person that I spoke to spent a lot of time with me making sure I understood everything and talked me through everything. My partner was also involved in the discussion and also made aware of the process. The tutors are great and always ready to help. I give a massive thumbs up, and have also reccomended this course to a pal who is now doing the Electrical Course because this was the best from all the others I researched. Oh an btw the funding is provided through an independent organisation through the consumer credit act of 1974 so no its not a scam!!!

My course has expired (36 months) in spite of last year 12 months or so when they didn't provide any clasroom lessons as stated in contract due to restrictions also no options to take exams either over last 12 months as far as i know.

I find it appalling they want £400 extra to extend my study for further 12 months!!!
They also failed to provide my learning materials in last month before my course expired

Reply to New Trades Career in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net